OverClocker idiot follow-up

Now is he claiming that those images are fake? They don't looked Photoshoped too me. It really looks like he did make all that mess and is now trying to claim "hoax"...?

I think the same thing. Regardless of the intent, hoax or not. This guy did indeed gut out a G5 and put a PC motherboard inside. The way he described it make me believe he really is clueless. Even to pull a prank like this, I doubt anyone with even moderate experience would want to gut out a G5 and hope to put it all back together in one piece. I'm willing to bet that he did this intentionally and it's still that way right now. He just countered back and said it was a hoax because so many people yelled at him.

Image someone coming to his house and knocking on the door, "Excuse me, but your son is a moron. Do you know what he did to that beautiful Apple G5 you gave him for X-mas?" I'd sit back and watch them beat the crap out of him and just laugh. But if he was getting all this attention, perhaps his parents would find out and he would get in a heap of trouble. That is why he is now calling this a hoax.

Coward.

The G5 given to the guy was an empty case -- that's the hoax. He didn't actually "gut" a G5, he just stuck PC parts into an already empty G5 case.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
The G5 given to the guy was an empty case -- that's the hoax. He didn't actually "gut" a G5, he just stuck PC parts into an already empty G5 case.

Well I'm sorry, but I don't believe that part of it. I smell BS on this one. The first pic showing the insides, could be from another site... that I can believe. Then the second pict of the fan on top of the jar, that one looks to be similar in location compared to the other pics. If he had fans, then I think he had the rest of it as well. I too have no proof, but again this is what I believe. This does not change anything, but then again no matter what happens, this guy will be the biggest idiot I have ever read about.

Eitherway, I hope I'm wrong and that it really truely is a hoax. I can't stomach the thought that someone would go to such lengths to destroy a wonderful machine like that..

...and what about that Xbox conversion, anyone think it's from the same guy using the same shell?

first of all this quote
Mac users are nuttier than a fruitcake
is just stupid who actually uses the word fruitcake.

perhaps his parents would find out and he would get in a heap of trouble. That is why he is now calling this a hoax.
umm... he admits to making the story about an xmas gift from his parents up

nb3004 said:
first of all this quote is just stupid who actually uses the word fruitcake.

I don't know. Reading some of the e-mails he got I would think Mac users are nutty too. I mean, he got death threats and everything.

I feel bad just being a part of the Mac community after reading some of that. He's correct you know, it's just a computer.

I also doubt it's a hoax that he was using an empty case. It was just a joke and people got so riled up that now they can't admit they were taken. I thought it was funny from the start. Regardless if it was a real G5 or not. It's just a computer, and I did not pay for it.

Guys... they're two different computers. Look at the optical drive. Unless he replaced that as well (which he doesn't say he did), they're two different drives, and hence two different computers. The ungutted G5's optical drive has a rectangular mark on it, like a sticker or something, while the bastardized computer's does not. Unless he replaced the drive for some reason, they're two different computers.

Ahmm, what did he do with the G5 parts? did he sell them or what? and who to? mabey he kept them so that he can put it back later. there must be evidance of that. The worst thing would be is if he trashed them. GRRRRRRR!

But the best thing would be is if he gives them to me. LOL haaaa.

Quicksilver said:
Ahmm, what did he do with the G5 parts? did he sell them or what? and who to? mabey he kept them so that he can put it back later. there must be evidance of that. The worst thing would be is if he trashed them. GRRRRRRR!

But the best thing would be is if he gives them to me. LOL haaaa.
2 things:

1) HE DIDN'T ACTUALLY GUT A G5. I doubt anybody would toss a perfectly good Superdrive for something much more craptacular, even if he were gutting the rest of the machine. PC's can use Superdrives, too.

2) If you had read the original article, you'd know what he claimed he did: gave the parts to his friend.

Back