Panasonic DV Camcorder-Must be Driver 4 iphoto

dantilly

Daniel Tilly
Got a Pani NV-GS50 camcorder. Works really well through imovies. Problem is when I try to see the photos taken and stored on the memory card. I have no driver for iphotos to 'see it'. Anyone know a way round it

Cheers
Dan

Does your camera show up as a separate volume on your desktop? If it does, you should be able to look at the pictures as icons within this volume and see what kind of files they are.

Memory card? What type of memory card? Have you tried a separate card reader? iPhoto is really meant for still cameras, although a couple of camcorders are supported (Canon, I think) Maybe you can import the photos into iMovie (which works great with still photos, not just video) and export to iPhoto (I don't know if that will work)

It is Panasonics own 8MB card. I have tried to import through imovie but had no joy. Does not know camera is there. You have to connect to USB to see photos and not the fireWire that goes in to imovies

Isn't the card a Secure Digital-type of card? Check your tech-specs for the card type. If it is a Secure Digital, then a separate card reader may work. Panasonic web site is not much help, is the camera Europe-only? Looks like an older camera, I guess with only 8 MB in a camcorder.

Back