Panther Builds 7B80 and 7B81

Got the same message, bookem. Just try again, worked for me on booting the second time around...

Has anyone else run into the problem that CMD+tab and using F-keys (including for Expose) no longer works after upgrading to 7B80?

Dear Beta testers...

As I have been using 7B80 now for the week, I have to say that the speed performance isn't exactly blowing my skirt up.

I have been beta testing Panther since 7B53, and that release was FAST!!

With each build release, I have to say that Panther is getting slower and slower.

HAs anyone else notice this or am I the only one...?

It got faster for me... even the little XBench was giving me better and better results...

Maybe it is slower on old Powerbooks :eek:

But on my PowerMac, it works great...

Still no luck here............same kernel panic on bootup from the cd, several reboots later :(

Is it worth reburning the cd's at a slower speed or on another mac?

whoa i tried f keys and worked, and then i did command tab - IT LOOKS DIFFERENT in 7B80!!!! very cool!!!

I saw that application-switching thing on a G5 at the local Mac store yesterday... I was like, "Ah hell yeah!"

:)

Originally posted by arden
I saw that application-switching thing on a G5 at the local Mac store yesterday... I was like, "Ah hell yeah!"

:)

Fast User Switching is freaking awesome. The only thing I would like to see added is a keyboard shortcut. The User.menu Menu Extra takes up quite a bit of space. Actually, it would be nice if there were an option to have it show the shortname instead. I brought this up to the Apple rep that was here last week demo-ing the Dual G5 and Panther...

Attached is a screen shot of a 1024x768 desktop running XCode (a major Menu Bar hog) with the User.menu Menu Extra active. If you have a long name, like our friend Apu here, none of your other Menu Items are available.

edit: nevermind, I'm a dumbass. You said application switching. I leave my post intact so that others may learn from my stupidity... ;)

yah i guess i never tried application switching in 7B74...forgot to.

and btw, liteswitch (available from VersionTracker) came out a long time ago, and is much more functional than apple's built in command tabbing...

Yeah, Goober, I meant the large transparent, um, thingy that appears when you hit command-tab. Much better than showing the icon in the Dock, IMO. But FUS is freakin' awesome (to borrow a rating from Mac Addict), as well.

Spitty, what features does Liteswitch have?

Back