Panther Features, what have you found?

Quicktime is version 6.4d37 in Panther. I have no idea what has changed in it from version 6.3 that's released.

Attachments

• qt.png
    qt.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 42
Not a request, but the Apple Help now Screams!!!! :D

Thankgoodness for that... I'll pay just for that feature!

I don't know if anyone mentioned this before but to me this is one of the best things in the "new" Finder!

You know about the "new" iTunes-like left constant viewable column? Yes, the one which has your disks/images and folders/etc always viewable!

If you double click in the right line that separates this column with the other ones (the one with the small circle/dot) it turns out that this "always" viewable column slides to the left and the Finder looks exactly like the old Jaguar one! If you want it viewable again just double click it but this time at the left column line...

Damn my english! :eek: Just give it a shot people and you will get it! :D ;)

Originally posted by Captain Code
Activity Monitor will show how much data has been transfered on your network.

I don't know when/if it resets.

You can also monitor net activity in the dock. (I think this is new)

Attachments

• activity-dock.jpg
    activity-dock.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 75
Originally posted by AppMan
You can also monitor net activity in the dock. (I think this is new)
Cool! That will be a great addition to the memory & CPU monitors I already have in my doc.

dock_monitors.gif

Originally posted by Captain Code
Quicktime is version 6.4d37 in Panther. I have no idea what has changed in it from version 6.3 that's released.

Well, 1st of all they changed the looks of it simply to match the changed Panther look and other iApps :p

But what is more important for me is Pixlet technology! In order to use it however you have to register/update your QT to QT Pro... :eek:

Here is more info and more exactly at the right side of that web page somewhere at the middle:
http://www.apple.com/macosx/panther/

I've attached a pic to help you some more... :D ;)

Attachments

• pixlet.pdf
    21.1 KB · Views: 53
Expose...

Don't know if every knows this, but if you click, say F9 to show all open windows (in Finder and all open apps), and move your mouse over one of them and click F9 again, it will automatically bring that window to the front (no need to click the mouse button... I'm so lazy... nice ;) )

Flame me if this have been said somewhere:
When you command-tab and the new app-switcher turns up, you can navigate it with the arrowkeys!

Originally posted by Decado
Flame me if this have been said somewhere:
When you command-tab and the new app-switcher turns up, you can navigate it with the arrowkeys!

And with the mouse, just keep holding the command button ;)

For all those designers out there. Panther has a new menubar tool for 'Ink' as well as the new Typography extra in the Fonts>Extra Panel. It allows all the opentype characters, and glyf specific modifications. There are more Menubar tools but I just figure that will be the most popular new one with the people who have Graphic Pens.

Will post more as I find.

Also, there are new speakable commands such as "Phone number for *****" and their number shows up on the screen as if you clicked it in address book. You can also say things like "Send this to *****" and it emails, "Chat with ****" anyway, you get the point

Does the calculator actually calculate percentages right now? If you do the following in Jag you get the wrong answer:

100 X 50%=100

However, it should be:

100 X 50%=50

I sent Apple feedback on this issue but they never corrected it.

Why yes, yes it does... but what it does is when you push the % button in the advanced mode, it changes the number you entered into a decimal ie:

I type in 100 X 50 % =
It says 100 X .5 =

Don't know if this has been mentioned...

Now, in Console.app you can esily access Logs on your system. It seems to catch all logs available, for the system, apps, and httpd logs as well.

It has a big Logs button on the window, and the side panel slides out allowing you to choose which log to view. Neat.

:)

Mine International Pref works more than fine and I'm changing settings more than 4-5 times each and every day with so far never have it to crash on me... I don't know if this helps but I fresh installed Panther Preview since day one... :rolleyes:

Back