Partition won't mount. Help!

jstonemo

Registered
I have a Maxtor 120 GB drive that is 2 partitions. After a forced reboot (consistent problem with the restart command not working), one of the partitions will not mount. I tried Disk Utility which shows the partition grayed out, but the mount command doesn't not mount the partition and the Repair Disk function does not come up with any problems with the partition.

The other partition works just fine. Don't know what to do. The bad partition has Jaguar installed and the computer is running on a separate drive that has Panther installed. I don't own Drive X or Disk Warrior, so that won't work for me. Any ideas?

Go to the Finder Menu>Preferences. Check the first two boxes under Show these items on the desktop.

Your partition should show.

Cheryl said:
Go to the Finder Menu>Preferences. Check the first two boxes under Show these items on the desktop.

Your partition should show.

That is already checked as my other drives show up.

If you open up the Startup Disk System Application, does it show the partition as a valid start-up partition, since it's got Jaguar on it?

ElDiabloConCaca said:
If you open up the Startup Disk System Application, does it show the partition as a valid start-up partition, since it's got Jaguar on it?

No, it doesn't show the partition. I am thinking the directory for that partition is screwed up, but don't know how to fix it in OS X. In OS 9.x, it would be a piece of cake for me.

Back