PB can connect to Ethernet network, but Airport Express can't.

OrganLeroy

Registered
I'm staying in a hotel. When I connect my Powerbook directly to the room's Ethernet jack, my computer is able to find the hotel's internet connection with no problem.

However, when I connect my Airport Express to that same Ethernet jack, the Airport Express shows only a blinking yellow light. My Powerbook can connect to the Airport Express, but there is no internet connection--and my Airport Admin Utility reports, "There doesn't seem to be anything connected to the Ethernet port."

This seems very strange. I'm pretty sure the Airport Express isn't fried, because I just used it for this same purpose a few days ago in another hotel. I updated the firmware on the Airport Express and restarted it, but this made no difference.

By the way, I made my first connection attempt with the Airport Express, so I don't think the answer is that the hotel network logged one MAC address (i.e. the PowerBook) and is now blocking others.

Can anyone suggest a solution for this?

>Try resetting the Airport Express to see if that helps.

Yep, tried that. Same result.

I should also mention that the hotel internet connection requires no login screen, password, acceptance of terms, or anything like that.

Back