PB Pricing?

infinii

Registered
I'm not trying to bring up the rumored PB updates or anything but this is related.

We're seeing price reductions on the current PB line. When the updates come, will these current models be discontinued? Will pricing of the updated PB's be higher than the current line? What has Apple done in the past in this situation?

I'm in market to buy, have been waiting for update on 15". Yet any substantial price increase would make it unaffordable for me, forcing me to look for alternatives such as living with current 15" or even a Dell.

thnx

I would expect the new PBs will be the same price as the current ones. The old ones will be discontinued and prices lowered. There have been many rumors flying around. There is an event next week called Siggraph, which is a possible upgrade area. Also, a source close to Steve Wozniak, said that the 15" PB's will be out in the next 2 weeks. Paris in September will more than likely be for the iMac, eMac, and possible iBooks upgrades.

Although they haven't been updated since last November 7, it seems that Apple's been having some inventory problems. Problems that in this case mean too much, rather than not enough. Hopefully the new ones will come in at the same price as the current ones but it's possible that the lowered price is to clear the warehouses.

Either way, I hope it comes soon. I survived all last semester thinking that the AlBooks would come soon and the time is _now_ if Apple wants to get them in the stores for returning/new students as they prepare for classes.

The PowerBooks will be discontinued in the sense that they will no longer be sold through Apple, but they will not be EOL (end of life) for 5 years from the production date.

Back