PC vs. Mac

Which is the Oldest Mac you would pick over a top of the line PC?

• Everything PCs Rule!!

• Some Future Mac (G5+)

• G4

• G3

• Powermac

• Performa

• Quadra

• Nothing, I would never by a PC

Results are only viewable after voting.
Originally posted by Bluefusion
**sound of jaw hitting floor as I keep looking at it... I'm AMAZED how good it looks... **

LOL! ... See... i am Really Bill Gates, Trying 2 Promote the Power Of Windows XP! ... Well in a Sense! haha! It Really is Great! ... i stand by my earlier quote ... This machine is Far, From Luna!!! :) :D

NeYo

Does it really work like in OSX? and how fast are they? also where can I download these, they would be great for when I have to use a PC

I have always believed that if Windows simply made sense and didn't crash, I'd have no problem with it. Since it's buggy, unstable, complicated, and illogical, I still own a Mac. The day that OS X becomes the behemoth Windows is, I leave the platform. I appreciate Apple's attention to detail, but I do wish Windows was better just so that the other 95% didn't have to suffer so much...

Originally posted by divibisan
Does it really work like in OSX? and how fast are they? also where can I download these, they would be great for when I have to use a PC

...Well, what do u mean by that?! ...i can say its not Laggy, @ all! ... u drag 'n' drop ... Errrr ...
Ask away ... it'll be easier! ;)

NeYo

I mean do the close etc. buttons change, is it aqua with pulsing buttons or weird scroll bars, and overall, does it seem mac like (easy to uses, intuitive.)?

Originally posted by Bluefusion
I have always believed that if Windows simply made sense and didn't crash, I'd have no problem with it. Since it's buggy, unstable, complicated, and illogical, I still own a Mac. The day that OS X becomes the behemoth Windows is, I leave the platform. I appreciate Apple's attention to detail, but I do wish Windows was better just so that the other 95% didn't have to suffer so much...

LMAO! haha! ... yes, i agree with u there... but the NT5 Kernel is a Definate step Forward ... its Sooooo Much Betta than 9x ... it's GREAT! ... i can say, that as far as crashes go ... XP is actually pretty good! ... If an App Crashes, that App will be killed, like it would OS X ... and Rarely (for me anyhow) will it effect the Other Apps. (unlike in 9x, where a Crash would simply mean a 2 step occurence ....

BSOD ... Followed by a the Power Button (maybe a Kick too?! :D)

lol ....

as For the Logics... hmmm.. yes, u are right, after using OS X, and looking @ the way certain thing were done... a lot of Mac methods seemed 2 make more sense ... and could be achieved quicker / and or with less previous knowledge! ... but when u have a "windows" way of thinking, it can be difficult 2 be taught differently.
Things like intalling Apps for instance, are far more complicated in Windows, and can be daunting 2 a "less experienced" user.
...But there are things in Windows, which i prefer .. i am not sure what Mac 2 Mac Networking is like ... but i found, Networking my iBook 2 my PC .... Errrr... Confusing ... i did it, but for me, it seemed OS X didn't have as much functionaliy and / or ease of use, for Networking! ... maybe it was due 2 to my inexperience with OS X networking, or OS X in general ... but since then, Networking in OS X leaves me "shady"! ;)

NeYo

Originally posted by divibisan
I mean do the close etc. buttons change, is it aqua with pulsing buttons or weird scroll bars, and overall, does it seem mac like (easy to uses, intuitive.)?

hmmm... Well, iTunes i guess is quite simply 2 use ... Errm... its kinda hard 2 decribe it, but i will try ...

OK, so the close button, and all work as expected, with a moue over giving you the little ...

x - + lol!

u can drag and drop tracks, to and from the playlist...
if the playlist becomes "busy" you can search for the tracks you want... using the search facilty ...

Clicking the button in the left hand corner, allows u to add Music ... via a typical "windows - Browse for File(s)" window. the button "next door" allows "shuffle play" and the next button sets "repeat all"

the Right Hand corner button allows you 2 eject CD' from whatever drives ... and also "replace the playlist" ...

the button next to that (the tar kinda thing") Does Next skin Mode.

The Browse button, on the skin opens a new window, for a Visualization 2 play, alongside the track. the Track line thing mans you can adjust where u want 2 hear from ... like the volume slider thing... Erm, you can change the display, to remaining time, or track time ....
The remaining few button are obvious! ;)

the Left hand pane, "Source" ... Does very little, other than define whether you are listening 2 a local source, via the playlist, or a Streamable File!

i would say, if you use the Real iTunes, thi will probably make sense for you, although, you have 2 remember ... beneath the skin .. its QCD! ... so the limits aren't endless ... so no iPod Connectability ... etc!

It Runs Fast, efficiently, and takes little system resources! ... and looks the part! ... if any1 has a PC... and wants the Skin, holla @ me, and i'll chuck it on my iDisk! ;)

Oh, BTW ... i love how Apple allowed us PC users 2 Connect 2 out iDisks on our PCs! ... i simply click the drive, from the Desktop, and drag and Drop! its GREAT!!! :D :)

NeYo

plz excuse some of my sentences! ... i took my Keyboard 2 "bits" 2 Clean it ... and i really wih i hadn't! ... i'm gonna look @ it maybe 2morra!

sorry! ;)

NeYo

I thought iTools and the iDisk were mac only, it won't even let you get to the iTools website with a pc.
How do you mount the iDisk on a pc, it would be really useful to get thing to and from school

Thanks

Oh! ... Well iTools is NOT Accesible via a PC, no. you are right, but if you have signed up, with a Mac (i did own an iBook) ... u can connect 2 your iDisk, like any network Drive ...

On Windows XP, you need 2 go 2 ...

"My Network Places" ... then click ...
"Add Network Place" ...

Then a Wizard will load... the next 2 shots Show all ...
network1.jpg

network2.jpg

then, u will hav a shortcut in your "network places" Just Click the icon, to Mount ... and make it save you password! ;)

NeYo

Hey, I said G3 because I just did exactly that. What makes me sad is that it'll be another 5-7 years before I can afford a Mac with the GX processor.

And I fully expect that my PowerMac 7200/120 will become my third computer at that time.

I wonder how many 486mhz PCs will be around....

fryke said:
wow. the question of this poll is really strange. *cough*
This is weird. It's weird seeing me talking like 3-4 years ago, when my literacy skills were terrible. I apologize for those times, I was using a PC emulated as a Mac - and for those who remember, nobody did it better! :D But nothing comes close to the real deal, i'd not go back to Windows. It's not a question of hardware anymore, but software. I bought a Mac, well several since then... For Mac OS X, not for Mac Hardware really... Mac OS X makes Windows look so dated, it's crazy!

Back