PC vs. Mac

Which is the Oldest Mac you would pick over a top of the line PC?

• Everything PCs Rule!!

• Some Future Mac (G5+)

• G4

• G3

• Powermac

• Performa

• Quadra

• Nothing, I would never by a PC

Results are only viewable after voting.
And I re-found it right after you did, since you bumped it up by posting to it.

I voted "Never a PC". I'd rather use a 9" black and white Classic than a PC. I'm so sick of Windows! And I get very frustrated configuring Unix...

I voted G3. I'm hopelessly addicted to OS X now and haven't booted back into 9 or run Classic in almost as long as I can remember. Besides, if I got a PC I could always put Linux on it, now that thanks to OS X I would have some idea what I was doing... :D

Also the poll itself is screwed up... the first item should read "Nothing, PC's rule!" indicating that there's no Mac you'd pick over a top-of-the-line PC, and the last one should read, "Any mac is better than any PC."

Just decided to be a jerk... :rolleyes:

-the valrus

Well I voted a long time ago, but I might as well say what I voted.

I'd never buy a PC for the life of me. Even if Apple were 5 years out of business, I'd be one of those guys still developing for the Mac (like everyone is with the 5-year-old Newton :D ).

Oh, and about the Picard vs. Kirk issue? Janeway would kick both of their butts with one hand tied behind her back! So HA! :D ;) :D :) :D

I'll second that :) I'd probably have some *nix computer just to keep up to date and keep all my Macs up and running, develop for them and absolutely refuse to let go of them :) If people think Amiga followers are fanatical they have yet to see someone try to take away a Mac owner's computer :D

Cheers,
Dak

I'd obviously rather have a mac, but I'd also have a good PC than a horrible Mac. It's just a matter of whether I can do things on it. As long as I can use OS X (G3+) I'd prefer it over any PC.

GRRRRRRRRRRR NeYo, that isn't an Aqua-fied WinXP, it's WinXP with hideously huge blurry icons that vaguely resemble the main OS X docks... but the connection's pretty vague.

Turn it off! Turn it off now! :)

ARRRRGH that's so ugly I can't stand it. WinXP is pretty bad looking, but when you do that to it... damn.

I voted "never a PC", because I'm all the day into Win32 APIs, and, well, I know the enemy from the inside :D

I think my old Atari 520 ST with GEM was better put together than that... thing !

Originally posted by Bluefusion
GRRRRRRRRRRR NeYo, that isn't an Aqua-fied WinXP, it's WinXP with hideously huge blurry icons that vaguely resemble the main OS X docks... but the connection's pretty vague.

Turn it off! Turn it off now! :)

LOL! ... ok... Well, that Screenshot was sized down, and compressed as a JPEG ... hence why it may seem a little Blurry ... Now ... are they so Blurry now ....?

icons.jpg
or... Check out ...
http://idisk.mac.com/Bo_Selecta/Public/instru.jpg

hehe! hmmm...
As For the Dock ... Yes, it isn't as great as the one in OS X, did i claim it was?! ... what i am claiming, is that this Windows XP machine have more of an Aqua Feel to it, than it does... *ANY* Luna Feel ... i can honestly say, whereever u go, in my system ... there is NO LunA! :D

ARRRRGH that's so ugly I can't stand it. WinXP is pretty bad looking, but when you do that to it... damn.
...LOL! u know that ain't true! ... u're telling me, u'd prefer to be playing teletubbies?! hmmm... :D :p

NeYo

OK, it does look better now. A suitable WinXP replacement, I suppose :) *snif* LOL no replacement for the real thing tho :)

How did you do that and would it work on older versions of windows? If you have to use windows it's much nicer to have it look like a mac (at least sort of)

haha! thank you dude! ;) Phew! :D

...and i agree, no replacement for the real thing, but it does have plus's over OS X ... the biggest thing for me, when first using OS X... was the Hibernate Feature of XP! ... if u're not o aware, it basically dumps the system RAM over to the Hard Disc, and Shuts Down. then, it Resumes, loading the RAM Data back from the HDD to the RAM itself! ... it allows u 2 have unlimted programs 2 be resumed, to the exact state they were in, previous to the shutdown! ... i LOVE That Feature! :D

Beides that, something coming in 10.2... the Open With Command is another small thing, u don't expect 2 miss, until it is absent! ... hey! ... thats my 2 "urrr" Euro's! lol

divibisan .... Erm, Not Really ... Win 2000 could, 2 some degree... it can handle the same Transparency effects and all, but for the icons, they will pretty terrible in 2000! sorry! ... As For Xp, there's a LOT 2 Customize in there! For sure, all that is needed, is Resource Hacker, Adobe Photoshop. ... and a LOT of patience! ... it really does make a difference! :D

NeYo

Whoah... OK, that is one hell of an iTunes impersonation.... how did you DO that? I'm very impressed this time around :)

:eek: :eek:
Yeah, that's incredible! What app is that? You can't really do that in the normal system without a lot of hacks can you?

Whoah... OK, that is one hell of an iTunes impersonation.... how did you DO that? I'm very impressed this time around :)

hahah! Thanks! :D ... i jut hooked "BlingBling" up too! ;) o he has it on his "Beloved" Dell! lol ... its a program called QCD Player, with an obvious iTunes skin, which i tinkered, a little! It look tight huh? ...Comes in 3 Flavours ... Hold up... lemmie Grabb'em! ...

normaltunes.jpg

compactunes.jpg

...oh, and u get that Visualization ... One ... which has a Few extras's with it, Check it here...

http://idisk.mac.com/Bo_Selecta/Public/fullscreencap.jpg

***RESIZED*** (Hence The Blur ;) )
...Cool huh? ... i have another Web Browser, which was built to *jut* replicate "aqua" ...also a program which acts as a Finder window ... which Looks Very Much identical also! ... And i know, a "Friend" has a BETA of an email Client to replicate Aqua Mail ... This is MORE Than simply a skin for XP ;)

NeYo

Back