PEAR XML_Serializer Package Install Failure on Tiger

hsthompson

Registered
I've installed PHP 5.2.9 and PEAR seems to have installed correctly. However, when I use the command,

Code:
/usr/local/bin/pear install XML_Serializer-0.19.2

to try to install XML_Serializer, it goes through downloading, then fails with an error,

Code:
Warning: sortpackagesforinstall(Structures/Graph.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in PEAR/Downloader.php on line 1217

Warning: sortpackagesforinstall(Structures/Graph.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/PEAR/PEAR/Downloader.php on line 1217

Fatal error: sortpackagesforinstall(): Failed opening required 'Structures/Graph.php' (include_path='/usr/local/PEAR') in /usr/local/PEAR/PEAR/Downloader.php on line 1217

I've found topics related to this on other *NIX systems, but they either didn't work, or I couldn't find the equivalent files they referenced in the Mac OS X system. Please bear with me, as I'm not well versed in server administration.

SPECS:
Intel Mini
Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.11
PHP 5.2.9
PEAR 1.8.1
XML_Serializer 0.19.2

Does that file ("../Structures/Graph.php") exist? Does the PEAR library path ("/usr/local/PEAR") exist?

It seems strange also to have a "PEAR" directory under the "PEAR" directory... is that path ("/usr/local/PEAR/PEAR/") valid?

Back