Photo caption time!

What's the best caption for this photo?

• President Bush describes the fish that got away on his vacation

• President Bush boasts for the female reporters.

• President Bush describes his first girlfriend.

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Why duck? The whole world's in the dilemma. Do we laugh at Bush's incompetence or cry about the tragedy it means for the people hurt by it...

fryke said:
Why duck? The whole world's in the dilemma. Do we laugh at Bush's incompetence or cry about the tragedy it means for the people hurt by it...
Thanks, fryke. :)

Basically, I cringed when I wondered whether or not my caption would be taken the right way!

I voted for the first choice as I happened to receive this pic that shows the fish...

Attachments

• Bush_Fish.jpg
    Bush_Fish.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 28
he actually got a girlfriend?

As Henry Kissinger said, "Power is an aphrodisiac." And Kissinger makes look Georgy-boy look like Tom Cruise.

He's always had money too, that helps...

I think he's trying to demonstrate how the Iraqis are "embracing freedom". ;)

His arms don't quite look right: it's the way his upper arms go straight down but then from the elbows onwards there is activity. It reminds me of the way The Muppets acted (see the attachment).

Bush. Muppet. Muppet. Bush. Hmmm, I think I'm on to something... :D

As for the second picture: maybe the New Orleans relief effort will be based around the old saying "Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for life.".

"It's OK folks - these guys don't need buses out of here: they just need a fishing rod and they'll be juuuust fine." :confused:

Attachments

• bobo1.jpg
    bobo1.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 8
Of course, give a man a fish caught in the flooded streets of New Orleans, and he'll probably die of dysentery...

BlackFlag said:
"It's OK folks - these guys don't need buses out of here: they just need a fishing rod and they'll be juuuust fine." :confused:

Hi BlackFlag!

Excellent, m8 – we need more good British cynicism! Errr… which bit of Eng-er-land?

Hi bbloke.

I'm going home.

Captain Quark said:
Hi BlackFlag!

Excellent, m8 – we need more good British cynicism! Errr… which bit of Eng-er-land?
Hello Captain Quark! :)

I've moved about a little bit in my short little life, but I'm currently in Cambridge.

I may not be able to contribute much with the computing posts, but I'll always be here to be sarcastic and just generally unhelpful. :D

Captain Quark said:
Hi bbloke.

I'm going home.
Are those two statements linked? ;)

Hi CaptainQuark, good to see you around. :)

I'm sure you'll find plenty of the sought-after cynicism in the caption-related threads!

BlackFlag said:
Are those two statements linked? ;)
Oi, Flag, less of that sarcasm and general unhelpfulness! ;)

Back