Photo Gallery - Share Yours In here

ora

Registered
Hey folks.
Since I discovered the new site, and that i now get web and gallery hosting with my email, i thought i'd try it out. If you want to see what they look like, see mine at http://ora.macosx.com/gallery/ . Bear in mind I chose one of about 20 available themes, and that the whole thing took about 5 minutes to set up.

The pictures are a few test shots i took with my brand new ixus i , my first decent digital camera (which am enjoying a lot though wasting far too much time one).

Have fun, look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Cheers to whichever mod for moving the thread, i was trying to show off what the photo gallery system looked like as much as show my pics, but is better as a sticky like this.

Cheers Gia, i've put a few more attempts to capture the grain pattern from when the blade was folded. I used to do some chef work for money and got into having nice knives as a tool, but that particular one is special as it is so pretty, and the prettiness (the folding pattern- looks just like wood grain) is what makes it effective as a tool.

I particularly like the the new pic showing the handle at the top. You can see the folding lines quite clearly in the top right, and can make out two of the circle marks one above the other in the middle.

Dan, cheers. The new camera is 4 megapixel, with a tiny little 6.4 ml lens. No optical zoom (naff digital zoom only), but thats because its is so very tiny. Its a shade smaller than my Sony t610 mobile phone( 9cm by 4.5 by 1.5) , in a fetching mix of silver and black, you can see it here. Only for snaps really, but i got a good deal and a heavily discounted 256mb SD card for it as well. I'm no great shakes with photography, but i have an old Olympus OM10 and a bunch of nice lenses for getting more serious, so this is perfect for me

Now lets some of other people's stuff. Gia, i know you had a bunch of interesting stuff up on the old gallery, got anything to show us ?

happy snapping people :)

Cheers bob, as ever you provide a speedy and effective modding service. :D

Nice new house (and sweet baby). Interesting to me as you'd never see a house like that here in London. For comparison, two views from my flat (apartment for you US folks) here.

The baby is my Granddaughter by my Daughter. A shiny spot in my life :)
The new house is my son's. He just bought it.

The UK has beautiful scenery. I video chat with a friend 30 miles from London. He sends me pics from around England and the folks there really take pride in their gardens.

My small gallery is here: http://chevy.macosx.com/gallery

Two albums for the time being:
Rome: the 2000 years old city
Air 04: jet fighters (F-4, F-5, F-15, F-16, F-18, EuroFighter, Rafale, ...)

Attachments

• F-16.jpg
    F-16.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 29
bobw said:
The baby is my Granddaughter by my Daughter. A shiny spot in my life :)
The new house is my son's. He just bought it.

The UK has beautiful scenery. I video chat with a friend 30 miles from London. He sends me pics from around England and the folks there really take pride in their gardens.

Check out Dorset if you go to England soon. It is amazing here.

Back