Photo Scanners

OraliusJohnosn

Registered
I'm thinking of starting a mini buisness next summer where i digitize home videos and photos for people. I was wondering if there are any scanners that scan multiple photos with good quality... or would i be stuck doing one at a time. Can anybody think of a good way to import photos?

Most scanners with 8.5x11 scanning areas can scan more than one photo at a time (up to 4 with normal sized prints) but you will want a scanner that scans slides and that's more expensive, more like 400-600 bucks.

Digitizing home videos will run you at least 250 for an rca-firewire converter and a camera that accepts tapes that your clients/friends will be using. You could end up spending a lot of money to cover all the options.

so it would most likely have to be a flat bed scanner there aren't any scaners that you can put in like 24 photos and it rolls trough em and scans them?

I have an Epson Perfection 3170 Photo that works great for scanning 35mm negatives (up to 12 at once). It can of course scan prints as well and besides the 35mm negative adapter it also has a mounted slide adapter and a large format negative (220) adapter. It has USB2 High Speed connection and a 3200 DPI optical resolution.

It cost almost twice as much (or did when I got the 3170 back in April) but the Epson Perfection 3200 Photo has Firewire and USB2 connections and a higher optical resolution I think.

Also Canon has some nice photo scanners with negative scanning abilities in the sub $400 price range and now you can even get some film scanners in that price range.

Back