Photoshop 7.0.1 and Panther

hitmouse

Registered
I just installed Panther today and find that Photoshop will not launch - I get an "unexpectedly quit" message and it askes me if I want to submit a bug report.

Has anyone else found this a problem?

Hitmouse

hitmouse said:
I just installed Panther today and find that Photoshop will not launch - I get an "unexpectedly quit" message and it askes me if I want to submit a bug report.

Has anyone else found this a problem?

Hitmouse

No, works fine here. I have other problems though with iMovie :confused:

Did you do a fresh install of Photoshop after installing Panther? If not, then you don't have the files needed for Photoshop in the Applications Support folder.

Captain Code said:
Did you do a fresh install of Photoshop after installing Panther? If not, then you don't have the files needed for Photoshop in the Applications Support folder.

Yup!

I both used the Adobe reccomended (start in safe boot) reinstall, and I then tried a total install.

I still get the message and no Photoshop.

Guess I'll have to phone Adobe in the morning.

Try creating a new user and launching PhotoShop under that user... if it works, troubleshooting is needed under the original user account. Could be a corrupted preference or a missing Application Support folder or something.

Most likely it's the permissions problem with the colour profile folder in the Photoshop application folder. It is set to read-only by default for non-admin users, but needs to be writable. So change it to writable and you should be fine.

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Try creating a new user and launching PhotoShop under that user... if it works, troubleshooting is needed under the original user account. Could be a corrupted preference or a missing Application Support folder or something.

I tried that and got the same result - no launch. Thanks for the idea though.

JeffCGD :
I am afraid I can't find a "Colour Profile folder" on my machine - probably looking in the wrong place.

I spent much of today installing Panther onto a small disk partition, transferring files etc, and then I got it all to work! I don't know enough to understand why, but it goes.
Now I need to sort out my files, clear up the main partition and transfer it back so I can use the space.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Back