phpmyadmin didn't work

begeiste

Registered
I am a new php player to install the phpMyAdmin-2.6.4-pl2/ to My Mac OSX and found
by using this url as my localhost http://aw-cala-djtran.net.abc.com/phpMyAdmin-2.6.4-pl2/
that turns this error message: MySQL said:
#2002 - The server is not responding (or the local MySQL server's socket is not correctly configured)

And I don't know what should I configure it and what file should be configured and where this
phpMyAdmin-2.6.4-pl2 should be put. I have created phpinfo.php page which is inside of /Library/webserver/document/mysitename/phpinfo.php. But I don't know where should I put phpMyAdmin-2.6.4-pl2 and how can I make that work.

Any inputs will be appreciate!

Beckmann

You can put phpMyAdmin anywhere, but to access it via the web interface, you'll need to put it in your web server's root folder (where you put your other web pages: ~/Library/Sites or /Library/WebServer/Documents or whatever it is).

What verison of mySQL are you running? Is the mySQL daemon up and running when you try and connect through phpMyAdmin? Have you properly configured mySQL with a root password, and optionally other accounts?

Have you read the documentation on phpMyAdmin? You must configure a handful of variables in the config.inc.php file for it to work...

I have read about the config.inc.php file, but have no idea which line and what should I configure it, how do I know the mysql is up and running,can you give me a tip?Thanks.

How did you install mySQL? If you used the .pkg installer from mysql.com, then you should have a "MySQL" option in the System Preferences (you might have to install the "startup item" included with the package for this, though).

I believe "mysqladmin ping" (or something similar) will give a hello message indicating mysql is alive.

I have started the Personal Web Sharing on System Preferences. Don't know if it is OK to run phpmyadmin or Mysql?

Back