Picasa 2

Yes I have tried i-photo but am confused. I just switched from a pc to i-mac and find the instructions confusing. My major problem is importing pictures from my old pc. I have tried using a disk and haven't been able to master that either. Can you help as I would prefer to use i-photo.

Yes I have tried i-photo but am confused. I just switched from a pc to i-mac and find the instructions confusing. My major problem is importing pictures from my old pc. I have tried using a disk and haven't been able to master that either. Can you help as I would prefer to use i-photo.
I am also using Mac OS X Leopard "Just the Steps" for Dummies to no avail.
Maybe I'm just not "teachable".

If you have a disk with your photos inserted in your Mac, then open iPhoto, and choose 'Add to Library' from the File menu in iPhoto. Then browse to your photo disk, and click Import. All you pictures on that disk should then appear in your iPhoto library. You'll also find a lot of information about that by selecting help from the Help menu.

A bit late in the day, but this might help:
Picasa2 does run under OSX provided you install Darwine first. I have it running so and prefer it to iPhoto as it doesn't take up disk space with copies of pics - in another, proprietary, format - that I have already. Its UI is pure Windows, alas, but that's OK as it's running in Windows-alike Wine anyway.

I am currently trying to find out in another thread how to have OSX open a Wine prog when it detects the camera being plugged in. You might need to know this soon!

A bit late in the day, but this might help:
Picasa2 does run under OSX provided you install Darwine first. I have it running so and prefer it to iPhoto as it doesn't take up disk space with copies of pics - in another, proprietary, format - that I have already. Its UI is pure Windows, alas, but that's OK as it's running in Windows-alike Wine anyway.

I am currently trying to find out in another thread how to have OSX open a Wine prog when it detects the camera being plugged in. You might need to know this soon!

I can't get mine to work. I can't stand iPhoto & Aperture, I tried (for more than 6 months), but I finally decided to go back to Picasa.

I'm running Darwine (WineHelper 1.0b), the only app I run with it now is uTorrent1.6.1. I downloaded the latest Picasa, installed it ok, but it won't run. It's throwing this error:

err:ntdll:RtlpWaitForCriticalSection section 0x8cf068 "?" wait timed out in thread 0017, blocked by 0011, retrying (60 sec)
(also timed out in thread 0018)

Are you using an older version of Picasa?

No, I'm using version 2.7 which is probably still the latest. I had a look re your error - and I bet you've hunted far more than I - and can't see a simple reason why you should get it and not me.

Darwine looks after the obvious problems e.g. having the right MS base fonts (mine are in /Library/Fonts where Darwine put them, I guess). I had some early cockups which I put down to d'loading wine and trying to compile it, failing and leaving some conflicting junk in the system to trip up Darwine. I uninstalled/removed as much as I could find and re-installed and it (D) started working. Picasa installed without a hiccup.

Best of luck.

Back