Picture editor : what do you use ?

toast

Gone !
I'm looking for a little picture editor. I usually work with Photoshop, but I'd like to have a smaller editor to run quickly, to edit Jaguar screenshots for example.

The features I need are cropping, resolution/size/scale setting (esp. to tweak Jaguar PDF screenshots), and saving as JPEG/TIFF/GIF/PDF. Nothing more.

I know GraphicConverter but it's painfully expensive. Preview is just so PERFECT but it doesn't crop nor resize... :'(

So ? Any ideas please ?

I don't see how GraphicConverter can be labeled as 'painfully expensive' but can't you just use the shareware version for as long as you like?

GraphicConverter is well worth the shareware fee.
I have never gotten such good and quick support/bugfixes from anyone else, Torsten Lemke is the Man!

I'm not sure, but I think with Quicktime Pro, you can convert files into .jpg's and other formats with Preview. I'm not sure if it works without it. I have QT Pro and it works with it.

Originally posted by themacko
I don't see how GraphicConverter can be labeled as 'painfully expensive' but can't you just use the shareware version for as long as you like?

Painfully expensive compared to the use I'd have of it: $30 for cropping + JPEG saving is... hm... too much. But you're right, it's only relative to what I want to do with it.

I don't think using the shareware version is possible forever. Plus, waiting 9 seconds at opening bores me, as I'm looking for some FAST editing tool.

GOLDBERG looks GREAT !!! Just like Painting, a little OS9 program that was quite perfect. Minimalistic features, fast, just what I'm looking for ! Thanx for the link. And it's free :D rhaaaa...

Stick with GraphicsConverter.
Shareware fee is definitely not "painfully expensive" when compared to say Photoshop and Corel made stuff that sells in the hundreds of dollars.

Of course it's not painfully expensive when compared to something that cannot be compared :D.

Photoshop and Corel have nothing to do with GC. They integrate some features that are so powerful that comparison with GC is quite inadequate.

And I still find it expensive. :p

Back