pinning a dvd player

Phillips

Registered
I just recently installed a dvd player in my B&W G3 and now it is acting funny.
It seems to stall while doing anything such as writing here. Everything just stops and sits and then will start back up. Programs will stop and then quit.
My question is how should it be pinned?
Never had a problem with cd player.
I guessing that is my problem as my hard drive I'm guessing is pinned as a master.
Hitachi DVD-ROM GD-7000
Cable select
Slave
Master
I have a B&W G3
450 mhz
1 GB Ram

Try setting the DVD drive to either master or slave (instead of CS), since the B&W on-board ATA doesn't support CS... just master and slave.

I'm guessing without taking it out that it's jumpered to master as I can boot from it.
Booted from install cd and ran disk aid. No problems.
Booted from Disk warrior and ran it. No problems.
Started in single user mode and had problems running fsck.( Described below)
It's weird as I can be typing and it will stop but if I keep typing it will catch up to me when it starts up again.
I haven't used it much so I don't know if it might be something else.
I did buy the dvd player used.
I started it up under single-user mode and here is what kept coming up. Repeatedly over and over and over. (First set of numbers are different ever time (after the USBF)
USBF: 26.963 AppleUSBOHCI [OOxla89800]:: Make Device error setting address.er=Oxe 00002ed device=Oxla9f200-releasing device

It does this constantly so it hard to run the fsck as you have to type really fast before it does this run thru again.
Thanks for your help
Bruce

In asking for tech help found out it was a hardware problem within the usb attachments. Turns out it was my laser printer hooked up to the usb.
Thanks for everybody for their help.
Couldn't have found it with out you.

Back