Please don't call it a Macintosh

Well:

That is quite true, while some ppl will buy a mac for its killer hardware, many more (like my case) will buy it cus several aplications, mostly buisness (im a pc guy from 8am to 7pm, i mean, dress like so and do those tasks) run not as good in a mac, like excel formulas, are diferent, and i know excel for pc formulas already, my pc has amazing 10 gb H.D LOL,and the rest is for my beautyfull, bullet proof, stable Mac. the only thing i miss on mac os after running xp is the sound driver, for some weird reason, it is louder on the pc, and if u conect external speakers, the lap top ones will not stop playing, so when mixing music (my passion, hobbie,LOL) it is good as a monitor, wonder if i can do this on mac os....but anyway love the time i switch to mac os, best system ever!

If you read through the thread, you'll see that not _all_ of us were thinkin' like that, nixgeek. :p

fryke said:
If you read through the thread, you'll see that not _all_ of us were thinkin' like that, nixgeek. :p

Yeah yeah yeah....nitpicker. :p

BTW, I include myself in that group of naysayers who finally turned over....although I still love the PPC platform. :p

I have been a Mac user for less that a year! I have all ways heard it is the OS that makes the experience better it does not crash. The OS does run smoother than Windows I agree. Also I have to agree with Fryke the style and key boards too. It was not the hardware that was causing the Windows issues. Mac switched to Intel get over it before IBM it was Motorola right and Steve keep on bringing out new hardware and software out. Only now there is a new CPU running the show.

hawki18 said:
I have been a Mac user for less that a year! I have all ways heard it is the OS that makes the experience better it does not crash. The OS does run smoother than Windows I agree. Also I have to agree with Fryke the style and key boards too. It was not the hardware that was causing the Windows issues. Mac switched to Intel get over it before IBM it was Motorola right and Steve keep on bringing out new hardware and software out. Only now there is a new CPU running the show.

Personally, I'm over it. The Intel Core series of CPUs have definitely proven to be top notch as far as performance and power usage, and Conroe and Merom I'm sure will deliver just as much, if not better (especially with 64-bit computing :D).

However, that doesn't take away from what I like about the PPC platform. It's the same reason I still like the 68K Macs. They were special in their own way...not just because of the software, but the hardware as well. Sure, Apple and Mac OS X didn't benefit much from the PPC, but it's still a great platform for other operating systems, especially Linux. I find a certain elegance in the hardware design (not that I know the inner workings, but just enough to sound like I know what I'm talking about :p). Just my chump change on the subject. :p

Back