Please Help! Lost 60GB deleting Win XP using BootCamp!

From the looks of it, you have a bit of unallocated space as is evident by the space above the Mac OS X partition. I haven't played with Boot Camp in a while but I believe there is a way for it to reallocate that space non-destructively to your Mac OS X partition. Try running the Boot Camp Assistant again and see if you can remove that partition and have it reintegrated into the Mac OS X partition.

Hmm. Well, as I've mentioned I don't have recent experience with Boot Camp in Leopard. The last time I tried it was with the beta in 2006 with a Core 2 Duo iMac, plus I'm only running Tiger at home still on my iMac G5 (will be upgrading to Leopard soon depending on the 10.5.2 update). The best I can tell you unfortunately is that you might have to backup your date and reinstall OS X unless someone else here with Leopard and Boot Camp Final experience can chime in with a more positive, non-destructive way to reintegrate that partition into OS X. :(

From doing some searches, it seems as though others are also having problems with Boot Camp in Leopard.
http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?story=20080111102745203

I threw it all to the wind tonight, put my faith in Time Machine, and completely reformatted.

Still nothing - even with the complete format and reinstall the drive only showed 237 Gigs.

I reset the NVRAM and formatted/reinstalled again, and same result.

FWIW Time Machine worked *perfectly* (it restored my system exactly as it was left) and I'm up and running again, but still absolutely no closer to regaining the lost space - the HD itself (not just the system) seems to think it's only a 237 Gig drive now.

I guess I'm looking at a visit to the Genius Bar now...ugh.

Back