Please Help!!!

spunout

Registered
I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I have two firewire drives connected to another mac on our network. These drive are used strictly for file storage. A while back we had moved a folder from one of the drives and my computer has not been the same since. When ever opening or saving files to either of these drives it automatically defaults to my documents folder or the folder just above the the last folder used instead of defaulting to my most recent folder used. Whenever using the pull down menu on top of the save as/open window to show recent folders it will crash the app everytime. When saving or opening files to my local drive or say an iPod connected directly to the computer I do not have this problem. I have reinstalled all my adobe apps and did a reinstall of the OS (just a replacement of system folder not a full erase and install). The best I can figure out is my computer has some info of these drives cached that it for some reason is still looking for. I have 3 other macs accessing these drives in the same manor with no issues.

Does anyone have any suggestions or is there a way to completely clear my network cache?

I have cleared recent folders as well as the recent items (folders/apps/servers) from the apple menue and that did nothing.

Easy. When you go to save the save box comes up. then click on the arrow icon in the right corner. This will expand the save box to pick the location to where you want to save.

I found a thread on here stating the exact same issue and the only solution was to reformat. So that is what I have done and the problem is not fixed.....just hated to do that if at all possible.

Is it a specific app you are using, that crashes when in the open/save dialog?

I don't think there is such a thing as a general "network cache" to worry about, but of course a specific app could have some kind of cache.

Back