Pls Help - Lost Outlook Express Email And Contacts!

Danni770

Registered
Hi, I have just installed OS X Panther on my iMac, everything went smoothly except that I have lost my emails from Outlook Express and also my address book contacts. I have been looking for an answer for the last 90 mins but to no avail, could you please help me?
On a lesser note, I have also lost my IE favourites, not so concerned but can they also be retrieved?

Did you completely wipe the drive clean (format) and install Panther, or just install Panther over what was already there? What Mac OS version were you using prior to installing Panther? What model iMac do you have?

ElDiabloConCaca said:
Did you completely wipe the drive clean (format) and install Panther, or just install Panther over what was already there? What Mac OS version were you using prior to installing Panther? What model iMac do you have?

No I didn't format the drive, I installed over Mac OS 9. I have a imac DV SE 500MHz.

Thanks

When you boot back into OS 9, are your mails and contacts still there? Are you using Outlook Express in the Classic environment? Where did you store your contacts before you installed Panther -- in Outlook Express?

Hi, thanks for your quick reply, I have been able to retrieve my contacts, but cannot get my old emails. When I boot OS9 and go into Outlook Express, it is empty. I installed Eudora but it kept crashing when retrieving the old emails as the attachments I had kept were large. If you have any suggestions then it'd be great!

I did try this but didn't know which file to locate. I tried importing from the old Outlook Express in OS 9 but it couldn't as the programme was empty and had obviously stored the files under a new file name - any ideas?

Back