PLZ Help! EpsonScanner not availbl' through Photoshop!

mid-century guy

Registered
Somebody PLLease help; I've posted on forums..I've wrestled for days with my Mac; Have a Mac PRO, and Epson GT 20000 Scanner; with CS 2, Scanner was available through Photoshop; FILE>Import GT20000. Now, I"ve installed ADOBE Master collection, CS4.and gues what:? NO scanner through photoshop. Oh don't worry, I've opened the goodies disc, Opened the PLUG-IN like 6 times..and even went to EPSON and installed the MAC driver; NO 'GO!! doesn't work. Scanner ICON sits at bottom on my dock. SOMEONE offered for me to get IMAGE-CAPTURE.app..but isn't this WINDOWS!!? this is really for CAMERAS!! he goes'"Just make PHOTOSHOP your "Target......well great, but NOBODY is offering downloads of image Capture..and I'm not sure it will work. Does CS4 NOT SUPPORT the proper plug-in for Scanners? this is so frustrating beyond belief. signed "AT WIT"S ENDS.........how do I get my Scanner to appear in photoshop FILE> Import? thx in advance, Larry NYC

You already have the Image Capture app - no need to look for it on the internet, or download it from somewhere.
You'll find it in your Applications folder - it came with your Mac Pro as part of your OS X system software.

Ok...great! I DID FIND IMAGE CAPTURE in my Applications folder...MAC OSX.... ok, now to get it to working. WHAT DO I DO with it!? I double -clicked Image Capture(To get my scanner (Epson) to ope up in Photoshop/; do you have to go> Preferences?? File Sharing? Plug ins???? WHAT do you do with Image Capture ICON?? I even dragged it to my dock(Photoshop) but scanner still does n't appear in Photoshop! WHERE do i go from here?! So frustrating..

Hello DeltaMAC and others! Wonderful! I want to thank those on board here..and other sites in helping me: After 5 grueling days of trying to figure HOW to scan /my scanner through Photoshop CS4...I did OPEN up the Twain Plug in (CS4) and copied it; DRAGGED it into Applications> Photoshop> Plug-Ins folder..and wonderful: IT APPEARS IN MY PHOTOSHOP File> Import> GT 20000 scanner! wonderful. I wrestled for days with this; now it works..thanks all! Larry

Back