ok
i installed everything u guys told me is not working
i install my little bro's little game
car video game
it lag a bit
but can be call smooth on both mac and window around the same performance
so ya
what is the probleM???????

I remember that EA GAMES... Has a lousy record with their PC games... when it comes to Sports... When PC, used to have Cyrix processors... out... Their games would not work at all on computers... If you had an Intel/AMD it would run fine and you would have to wait months for a patch... just to come out for the old Cyrix processors.

As for your problem rs1985, I have no idea why your computer is acting laggy with the game... A patch will probably eveuntally solve it. But I don't know.

Another thing to consider.... You are asking a very newly released game to work flawlessly on beta software.

ATI graphics on Boot Camp run quite well on Apple's hardware. Most people can say that the graphics run even slightly better on the PC side compared to the Mac side.

My suggestion would be to do the following:

- Remove the graphics drivers completely using the Add/Remove control panel.

- Reboot to the Mac side.

- Make sure you are running the latest beta version of Boot Camp (v1.1.1)

- Create the Drivers CD using the Boot Camp Assistant application.

- Reboot to Boot Camp

- Put in Drivers CD and re-install all the Apple provided drivers.

I'm not saying the latest ATI PC drivers are not as good, but when it comes to Beta software, it would be best to use the Apple provided drivers.

1GB of memory is more than enough to launch Windows XP and play a game so upgrading memory, though always a nice addition, is not required.

After all that is said and done, be sure that you have allocated enough hard drive space for your windows partition. Check your C drive to ensure you have a decent amount of space left over after your game is installed. If you are below 100MB of space you will have major issues and can be the cause of your lag.

Hope this clarifies any issues you may be having.

Hi,

I am having trouble with NHL 2007 as well. I actually just deleted bootcamp off my system because that was the only reason I needed it.

I have problems not with any lag, but with VERY poor graphics quality. Like, it looks like graphics from 2000 and before.

I am running a macbook with 1gb ram, and my video card is listed as Chipset Model: GMA 950
Type: Display
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

I have not installed any other drivers but what came with the latest version of bootcamp (unless something new came out in the past month).

If anyone has any solid tactics to try, I will be more than happy to try them out and let you know how it goes.

Thanks!

With 64MB of video ram, you will likely not get great performance from the latest games out there.

The built-in Intel graphic cards are not great and will at least let you play the game, but not at the recommended settings.

If you still have the game, check the recommended system requirements and minimum requirements to see where your specs line up with. I don't have the game so I cannot say for certain what the requirements are.

i run battle field 2 on my 1.83 mac book pro with only 128 mb vram and it runs fine, most settings on high, textures on medium (you should be able to set textures on high)

i have 1.5 GB of ram, that helps.

what game are u talking about ?
what kind of lag do you have, regular, or choppy ?
all maps ?

if the lag is irregular, it's probably caused by the game swaping in/out parts of the map.

if the lag is constant, and gets worse when more things happen on the screen it's the video settings, take a look at them.

i got the 256 macbook pro
the resolution is 1280 X 1024 i think and the game is EA NHL 2007

ah there it is, NHL.

well, check your video settings.

this is NOT an apple, windows or boot camp problem, just get the vidéo settings right.

With 64MB of video ram, you will likely not get great performance from the latest games out there.

The built-in Intel graphic cards are not great and will at least let you play the game, but not at the recommended settings.

many games will refuse to run on that card, see here

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory

I haven't started gaming yet, but will that seriously lag me in MMORPGs? How do I upgrade it to 128 or 256?

Unfortunately in order to upgrade your video on a laptop it will require the purchase of a new.... laptop.

Good news is the the new laptops offer far better performance. MacBooks run the 64MB cards which would not be recommended since most games now require aat least 128MB. The MacBook Pros run the X1600 with 128mb for 15" and 256 for 17" models.

Back