Post your desktop!

yeah, i got the pop-under too. :mad:
how are those things coming in if 'block pop-ups' is enabled? is it different like spawning child windows or something?

I think they use an underlying layer of Flash-based animation in your browser to appear even when you have "Block pop-ups" enabled. Also, I thought Pithhelmet caused some bugs in Safari....

vader.png

"Don, don, don, don-da-don, don-da-don!"]"Don, don, don, don-da-don, don-da-don!"

Randman, if you're still there- How do you get all of those smaller informational objects to appear in your menu bar? It's hard to tell from the low-res picture, but it looks like you have the user percentage of processor usage, system usage, TX rate, etc. It would be nice to have those there.

I'm using Tiger now. :D

Not too much new here. Transparent Dock, clean desktop, abstract desktop pic. :)

Attachments

• Desktop-Abstract-Infinite.jpg
    Desktop-Abstract-Infinite.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Desktop--Abstract-Infinite-.jpg
    Desktop--Abstract-Infinite-.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 28
Qion said:
Randman, if you're still there- How do you get all of those smaller informational objects to appear in your menu bar? It's hard to tell from the low-res picture, but it looks like you have the user percentage of processor usage, system usage, TX rate, etc. It would be nice to have those there.

I'm using Tiger now. :D
Yes, MenuMeters. Some of the best freeware out there.

Well, I haven't added any shots to this thread in quite a while... so here is a recent change of desktop for my PowerMac 7500.

Racer X, nice to hear from you again. Thought all the oldies had departed. Where did you get that desktop picture?

Yeah, I'm still kickin' around the place. I pop up from time to time. :D

Randman said:
Where did you get that desktop picture?

Well, the starships are renderings of the GC model of the USS Defiant from Star Trek Enterprise (I found them here). The background is from here and then I used Photoshop to put all the elements together to make the scene.

I wanted something dramatic for the 7500 as I just added the second display last weekend.

Before adding the second display, this was what my desktop looked like on that system...

...which is another example of me playing with Photoshop.

RacerX said:
Well, the starships are renderings of the GC model of the USS Defiant from Star Trek Enterprise (I found them here). The background is from here and then I used Photoshop to put all the elements together to make the scene.

I wanted something dramatic for the 7500 as I just added the second display last weekend.

Before adding the second display, this was what my desktop looked like on that system...

...which is another example of me playing with Photoshop.

Would you upload those here?

Back