Post your OS X.1 Desktop Pics!!!!

I have Random Desktop set to change my desktop every restart/login,
I have pics from:
NASA's Astronomy Picture of the Day archive,
Blizzard's Desktop pics for starcraft & wc III,
startrek.com,
macdesktops.com
and some random ones found around the web...

I'm hoping for an update to wClock for compatibility with 10.1's menu bar modules

Attachments

• bmarsh desktop.jpg
    bmarsh desktop.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 182
I'm using SnapperHead, so if any of you want to see exactly what's happening on my comp at any time, just go to 128.12.82.94:2000 in your browser, and SnapperHead will auto-deliver a current screenshot of my screen (look at my packed dock!). Oh, and don't worry, I have protection measures in. :)

My IP shouldn't change, since OS X is stable as all hell (when OS X crashes on my comp, that's when hell freezes over). So just snap away! :)

I love the MiddleGround X icons delivered from www.railheaddesign.com though. :)

OK, this is monitor one of my desktop. The desktop pic was created by me in Bryce 5. Very simple, but colorful, abstract, and soothing (well, at least to me). I've got several other desktop pics available over at http:://www.gearheadmultimedia.com.

Attachments

• serpicolugnut.jpg
    serpicolugnut.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 246
Originally posted by serpicolugnut
OK, this is monitor one of my desktop. The desktop pic was created by me in Bryce 5. Very simple, but colorful, abstract, and soothing (well, at least to me). I've got several other desktop pics available over at http:://www.gearheadmultimedia.com.

nice desktop serpicolugnut!

btw, where did you get that Observatory dock icon? i like that...

thanks

Originally posted by efoivx
Machine G4 500
640 megs ram
Custom home made DT pict made in Gimp.
Mac OS X theme is Godiva

Running apps
XDarwin
Gimp
Virtual PC
IE
Finder
Fire
Terminal
Entourage

hmmm didn't take the image oh well view it here
my DT shot

Wow, that's what I call customization of OS X! :D
How did you make the Apple menu logo RED?
cheers

Originally posted by simX
I'm using SnapperHead, so if any of you want to see exactly what's happening on my comp at any time, just go to 128.12.82.94:2000 in your browser, and SnapperHead will auto-deliver a current screenshot of my screen (look at my packed dock!). Oh, and don't worry, I have protection measures in. :)

My IP shouldn't change, since OS X is stable as all hell (when OS X crashes on my comp, that's when hell freezes over). So just snap away! :)

Same here. I love SnapperHead (and pretty much any Stimpsoft product). At one point, I had two version running, so that on my website it would supply a small picture showing my desktop, and you could click on it to get the other copy of SnapperHead to provide a larger image (with the older versions of SnapperHead, you could just make a request for Screen.jpg and not get the HTML). My current desktop is at http://redphoenix.dhs.org:2001/ assuming I have it on and I'm there, of course.

I think you are looking at my dt :)
You can use Tinker Tool to move it there

cheers

thanks a lot Efoivx!

man i feel stupid......i have TinkerTool and never noticed that.....

anyways, now i know how to move it all over...:D

tell me something......is there any way to make it so the app windows recognize the edge of the dock so they don't open underneath it?

thanks

OK - here is some info -

geee the list goes on an on I am sure I am leaving some small thing out...
Whoever said X was not able to be enhanced/ modified is comepltely WRONG! and this is only the FIRST year X is out give it a year or 2 more when things really start to get rolloing.

Cheers

hey efoivx!

you are so right on about that! and i am sure that there will be many apps like TinkerTool for people who would rather not use the Terminal directly, although it is fun to work with.....i just gotta learn more of it......the man's are a little difficult to get all the entry info from for me.....

just make sure that you and everyone who is any good at tweaking OSX send in your tips to Bob Levitus.....he is putting together a new Dr. Mac book on OSX and is looking for tips to include in his Power user section that is made up of user tips! check this link:

http://www.macobserver.com/article/2001/10/31.4.shtml

see ya

great homer desktop! how about posting the desktop pic and the icons here!?! that would be cool!
homer rules! :) :)

Back