Post your X.2 Desktop Pics!

Ricky

Registered
Since we know that a lot of people have the *ahem* developer seeds of Jaguar, why not share screenshots? I'm sure a lot of us would like that... Make sure to say what build you have. :)

Once Jaguar is officially out, then we can use this thread just to post normal screenshots...

Get to it! :p

Here's mine:

wdw_10.2_desktop.jpg

I'm making those icons.:D
Once I'm done makeing all the characters in all their emotions, I'll post on this site and tell you.

I also have all 9 episodes on my computer.:p

Originally posted by ricky
Since we know that a lot of people have the *ahem* developer seeds of Jaguar :p

Can i ask, are these BETA's, Rc1's or whatever you call them, Timebombed, Like Whistler and XP Beta's were?! :confused:

...Just Curious, Cus Someone i know, is p!ssing me off, trying to make me Jealous, Cus he's got 6c115! :( ... i'd love to know, that in time, it'll JUST Die on him, like XP can (and ironicly will, even if you buy and use how they suggest! Mu haha! :D)

NeYo

looks like kdx :eek:

edit:

or is it called kde?

eh im stupid, havent used linux in a while lol

Steve, I'm guessing you're running remote desktop to run Kazaa off of another workstation. I tried running it and it was real slow, any tips on speeding it up? I have a 100mbit network at home.

kaaza runs fine over my airport connection with microsoft remote desktop and all the settings (color depth, background ect.) turned down or off. it runs with everything turned on over 100mb even better, winmx refreshes its list a little jerky but that's about it, cant play quake of course but who cares.

Interesting.

As shown in the last screenshot, some Dock icons are faded out. Did you hide those apps by any chance? :)

That's kicky cool. :p

StarfleetX, what are those cool apps running in the menu bar? Looks like a load monitor and a network monitor.
I want those!

Yes, the faded icons are hidden apps.

Yes, the theme is brushed; however, it is not working in Jaguar yet. I had to convert it myself and hack and add a bunch of resources to get it to work. Don't expect a public version of the Jaguar theme for another couple of weeks. ;)

The app in the menubar is Net Monitor, set to the view "text & graph". Next to that are the menulings for iChat, PPPoE, adnd the clock.

Does Jag officially support themes? Or do you still have to download a third party program?

Third party programs? Don't be daft!

Use use the Terminal to change my system like any good Unix man would. :D

Honestly, I wouldn't trust those "theme" programs any further than I could throw them. And, seeing as they aren't tangible objects, I can't throw them at all. Get my drift? Surely you've read some of the hundreds of topics across all the major bulletin boards about people having trouble with those themes screwing up their computer or not returning things as they should.

Besides, I was one of the first people to ever make a theme for Mac OS X -- I'm talking way back in the Public Beta days. I know what I'm doing and I understand the problems those theme programs have.

But back to your question, no Jaguar does NOT have native "theme" support. I seriously doubt Mac OS X will have ANY sanctioned mean of themes any time soon. If you think otherwise, then you really don't understand why there are things like the human interface guidelines.

Back