Post your X.2 Desktop Pics!

Originally posted by starfleetX
Here's mine.

http://brad.project-think.com/images/desktop-snap05-mini.jpg

Click for a full-size image.

(my dock is usually hidden, but shown for this snapshot.)

I saw your shot in MacNN forums and asked what that icon next to the Help menu is? I'm curious as is someone else on MacNN.

I wish I had 10.2 to take some shots! Oh well.

18 days.

But back to your question, no Jaguar does NOT have native "theme" support. I seriously doubt Mac OS X will have ANY sanctioned mean of themes any time soon. If you think otherwise, then you really don't understand why there are things like the human interface guidelines.

Intergace Guidelines, Shminterface Guidelines! I want a pretty OS! :D

I use Duality and it has given me no problems yet. If a Theme doesn't work, it won't let you use it. Simple as that. And I ALWAYS test it immediately after changing it. Just launch an app. If it doesn't run, the Theme failed and will kill the OS. Just switch back and everything's fine.

NielZ: How does Jaguar run on your Mac? I've also got a 450MHz G3 (I have 576 MB RAM, though). Just a question.

Originally posted by NielZ
How do i get greyed-out icons for hidden apps btw...? Or do i have to recompile half the OS then? ;)
It appears that feature was only implemented into a later build...

Originally posted by Jasoco
I saw your shot in MacNN forums and asked what that icon next to the Help menu is? I'm curious as is someone else on MacNN.
Ah, my apologies. I haven't been following that MacNN thread. The icon is the menu to bring up the Character Palette.
Intergace Guidelines, Shminterface Guidelines! I want a pretty OS!
:( *sigh* You just don't get it, do you? Without rules like the interface guidelines, we would be stuck with a hideously haphazard operating system where different apps have widely different interfaces and interface behaviors -- much like Linux.
Originally posted by Ricky
It appears that feature was only implemented into a later build.
Nope, it's been working for quite a long time... at least since the 6C8x builds.

Originally posted by wdw_
I'm making those icons.:D
Once I'm done makeing all the characters in all their emotions, I'll post on this site and tell you.

I also have all 9 episodes on my computer.:p

Put me down for wanting those Teen Hunger Force icons - they are SOOOO cool!!!!!

Ah, my apologies. I haven't been following that MacNN thread. The icon is the menu to bring up the Character Palette.

Oh, you mean that new one in OS X.2? Cool.

:( *sigh* You just don't get it, do you? Without rules like the interface guidelines, we would be stuck with a hideously haphazard operating system where different apps have widely different interfaces and interface behaviors -- much like Linux.

And since when it Linux BAD? And who says that adding a simple feature that EVERYONE wants (Including YOU) will ruin the Mac OS and bring it to the same level as XP and Linux? It's just THEMES! People are gonna do it ANYWAY! Why not make it easier and SAFER?

Oh well, no skin off my neck. I'll be theming the OS whether Apple likes it or not. :D :p

the themes we have right now don't conflict with the interface guidelines. they just change some colors and some icons and some widgets etc. but it is still consistent. all windows still look the same, just different when compared to another computer.

Originally posted by rhale1
NielZ: How does Jaguar run on your Mac? I've also got a 450MHz G3 (I have 576 MB RAM, though). Just a question.
It runs fine. Still not as fast as OS 9, but i see a speed bump. Lets say the switch from 10.0 to 10.1 was +50% speed, now lets say its... ± 20%.
Thinks run more 'slicky' in general, windows & menus open faster, programs boot faster etc :)

Originally posted by satanicpoptart
could somebody post a link to the boot screen for 10.2? the one with the glowing neon things.

Here is the bootscreen - however i dont see glowing neon things...

Attachments

• jaguarbootscreen.jpg
    jaguarbootscreen.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 104
Back