Posting new question thread... and then leaving thread hanging?

TommyWillB

Registered
Just curious, is there something somewhere that outlines the rules/ettiquette for posting questions in new threads?

I'm curious because it seems that there are more and more threads where someone asks a questions and then dissapears to never be heard from again... This is slightly anoying when the person asks a question, and we never know if the problem was solved or not...

It's even more anoying when several people post "tell us more..." replies and we never get anything more.

This crowd is a helpful group, but this makes you not want to bother...

Some people post on multiple forums, and when they get an answer from one,, don't go back to the others.

They are probably the same people who do not answer their emails in a timely matter.

Since no one answered the question, should I assume there is no such rules/ettiquette page covering this issue?

I was going to wait until someone answered that question, but they I realized I might become the very person I was complaining about. :p

To answer your question, no there is no rule that covers the issue of posting, then not answering.
I agree it is rude and inconsiderate. There are circumstances that we may not know about that is the cause for no answer from the poster. Out of town, computer down, connection down, illness, the list can go on.
If you wish, you can see if the poster has allowed emails and directly email him/her to see if the problem was solved.

This is a problem on all forum web sites. Not much we can do about it. :(

Back