Power Save Issues???

2bowlings

Registered
Hi All.

I'm brand new to Mac; having just bought a Macbook Pro running Mac OSX version 10.5.7. I honestly don't know too much about how this thing runs; but I'm trying to learn.

Here's my problem:
When I leave the computer unattended, after a short time, the screen goes black. Until yesterday, I just had to hit the space bar or tap the cursor pad to wake it up. Now it won't wake up.

Also, when I close the laptop without shutting down, when I open it back up it won't wake up.

Suggestions please. Thank you in advance.

Deb

System Preferences->Energy Saver plus System Preferences->Accounts, you account. Does this make sense now?

Maybe it would help if I clarified that my mac was "waking up" just fine since I got it in late January. Only recently is it refusing to "wake up."

In your Dock (in the right hand corner) is System Preferences and looks like a gear. Launch that and then after it launches double click the Energy Saver. In that energy Saver will be sleep preferences to stop the screen from pre-blacking out.

Now can you reboot your Mac since it will not wake from sleep. If you can follow the Apple article to Reset Your PRAM to see if that helps. If that doesn't help you can try to Reset the System Management Controller (total power reset). If that doesn't help let us know because there might something else wrong with your system.

Back