Powerbook 12' sound chip

Viro

Registered
I've been going through the specs of the Powerbook 12' and searching the net, but I've not been able to find out anything about the sound chip used in apple's notebooks, specifically the Powerbook 12'.

Anyone know what sound chip is being used?

Viro said:
I've been going through the specs of the Powerbook 12' and searching the net, but I've not been able to find out anything about the sound chip used in apple's notebooks, specifically the Powerbook 12'.

Anyone know what sound chip is being used?

Apple seldom mentions anything about the source for sound chips, the PB 12" is no exception to that. All you can really find out for sure is how to connect to it. Someone technically curious could disassemble the PB and see if there's any ID on the soound chip, if it's even on a separate chip, The audio amplifier and sound chip may even be co-located, but I don't know.

Viro said:
...the sound chip used in apple's notebooks, specifically the Powerbook 12'....

if you're looking for performance quality, than don't bother about onboard soundcards, and get an external one (usb, firewire, pcmcia etc...)
the onboardchips are usually dissappointing, specially due to interference/noise problems etc. and the ad/da .. well just forget it.

really good quality can only be found in 3rd party hardware

Back