Powerbook 17 Touchpad Problem

abdulhalim

Registered
Hi, i have an annoying problem with my PB Laptop. Intermittently when i press on the track-pad or use the click on the track-pad it keeps on coming up with the context menu (I.e right click options) this doesn't allow me to use the laptop at all as every time i click on an icon or desktop i am presented with the right click context menu. I once formatted the laptop and reinstalled everything but it still kept on continuing. I then done a PMU reset and the problem went away for a few months. However now it has come back again and it doesn't go away even after a PMU reset. I think there is a problem with the internal battery as the computer keeps resetting the clock to march 2001 or march 1970. Could these two problems be related? please help.

Thanks

tommmybender

Registered
abdulhalim said:
Hi, i have an annoying problem with my PB Laptop. Intermittently when i press on the track-pad or use the click on the track-pad it keeps on coming up with the context menu (I.e right click options) this doesn't allow me to use the laptop at all as every time i click on an icon or desktop i am presented with the right click context menu. I once formatted the laptop and reinstalled everything but it still kept on continuing. I then done a PMU reset and the problem went away for a few months. However now it has come back again and it doesn't go away even after a PMU reset. I think there is a problem with the internal battery as the computer keeps resetting the clock to march 2001 or march 1970. Could these two problems be related? please help.

Thanks
I too have a 1.67Ghz Powerbook 17". After using it for about 5 months, the touchpad starting getting flaky after periods of being unused. (Not sure if it goes to sleep, but it is definitely after it has been sitting for > 5 minutes). I move the touchpad around and the cursor either doesn't move or it jumps around as if processing a few of the serial events. Eventually, everything comes back to normal and the touchpad behaves like new. This is definitely a bug. Hopefully we will get a fix soon from Apple.