Powerbook 17 Touchpad Problem

abdulhalim

Registered
Hi, i have an annoying problem with my PB Laptop. Intermittently when i press on the track-pad or use the click on the track-pad it keeps on coming up with the context menu (I.e right click options) this doesn't allow me to use the laptop at all as every time i click on an icon or desktop i am presented with the right click context menu. I once formatted the laptop and reinstalled everything but it still kept on continuing. I then done a PMU reset and the problem went away for a few months. However now it has come back again and it doesn't go away even after a PMU reset. I think there is a problem with the internal battery as the computer keeps resetting the clock to march 2001 or march 1970. Could these two problems be related? please help.

Thanks

abdulhalim said:
Hi, i have an annoying problem with my PB Laptop. Intermittently when i press on the track-pad or use the click on the track-pad it keeps on coming up with the context menu (I.e right click options) this doesn't allow me to use the laptop at all as every time i click on an icon or desktop i am presented with the right click context menu. I once formatted the laptop and reinstalled everything but it still kept on continuing. I then done a PMU reset and the problem went away for a few months. However now it has come back again and it doesn't go away even after a PMU reset. I think there is a problem with the internal battery as the computer keeps resetting the clock to march 2001 or march 1970. Could these two problems be related? please help.

Thanks

I too have a 1.67Ghz Powerbook 17". After using it for about 5 months, the touchpad starting getting flaky after periods of being unused. (Not sure if it goes to sleep, but it is definitely after it has been sitting for > 5 minutes). I move the touchpad around and the cursor either doesn't move or it jumps around as if processing a few of the serial events. Eventually, everything comes back to normal and the touchpad behaves like new. This is definitely a bug. Hopefully we will get a fix soon from Apple.

Back