Powerbook LCD screen

Viro

Registered
I've had my Powerbook 12' for about 4 months now. I've noticed that over time, the color seems to be going 'off' a little.

When I first got it, white was really white. Now, white looks a little yellowish. I've tried wiping the screen with some laptop screen tissues, but it still looks the same. Is this normal for laptop screens? Is there something I can do about it?

Thanks

Is it truly off-color? Have you directly compared it with an identical model Powerbook (or as close as you can get to a 12")

Well, no I haven't tried to compare it to a similar Powerbook. When I first got it, I'd compare it to a plain A4 sheet of paper (hey, I got a lot of those around). Back then, there wasn't much of a difference between the white on the powerbook and the paper. Now the Powerbook's screen looks more yellowish compared to the paper.

Now this isn't scientific, but the manufacturer of the paper is still the same, the lighting is the same, etc. Also, on my desk there is a PC running Gentoo with a 17' CRT. White on the Powerbook also looks a little yellowish compared to the PC.

Have you checked System Preferences>Display to calibrate the colors?

Cool. I've just mucked about with it and I think I've found something that I like. Thanks.

Back