PowerPC G4 crashes at wake up

Graphisguy

Registered
I am running os 10.4.11 on a g4 dual 1 ghz powerpc g4 with 1mb l3 cache and 512 mb ram. Ever morning when I try to wake the computer up it crashed. I get a screen full of black bars with white text. Such stuff as "corrupt skip list code= 00000007 and exception state (sv=0x1ceb500)

I have booted from system cd and ran utilities. I have ran onyx. I have reinsalled the system from the cd and re-updated the system still with the same results.
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Have you run the Apple Hardware Test CD?

I used to have wake-up problems (although not exactly as described here) which were caused by external devices. I find that if I turned my FireWire devices on or off after booting, it would not wake up. If you have any USB or FireWire devices plugged in, see if removing them (and then rebooting) helps.

Can't even boot from CD, and no external devices attached. I'm kind of at a loss here.

Could you please post your Mac model, OS version ... whether or not you have the original install media that went with your Mac when it was initially released?

Just reinstalled the OS, sorry for the wait.
This is parental IT, a used tower from my ex's mom. I'm hoping to replace their old Win98 tower.
It's a 350 MHz Power PC G4 (AGP Graphics) running OS 10.4.3 (legit disc).
...and as I was typing this the first time, I got the "corrupt skip list" message and crashed.
Also I'm having trouble with the last item on the software update (the big os-related one - something about authorization).

...and offline again; re-installing is crashing. More "corrupt skip list" messages.
Is my install disc baffed?
Bah.

Yep. Seems like a time to replace and learn a lesson about never being without a backup again. ;)

Back