PowerPod?

macgeek_spiro

Registered
I've noticed! Apple kind of has two catigories for their products, I think. The iMac and iBook are cheaper and whiteish. And the PowerMac and PowerBook is chromish and more expensive. Now. There's a iPod. Why isn't there a PowerPod? It could work. Maybe. I dunno, it was just a thought.

I do remember hearing of a rumor about a special edition iPod for DJs... But honestly, what would they offer in a "Powerpod"? I don't think you really need a huge processor in the iPod(although they have made the iPod run Linux). A larger hard drive in there wouldn't be enough of a reason to warrant a new line of iPods either.

Maybe the Powerpod could be the oft-discussed, always-denied Apple PDA.

Yes. Good point there. The PDA could really give Apple more points. Wasn't there already one a long while back called the Newton or something. Anyways. PowerPod sounds wierd eh?

I predicted this over a year ago, a PowerPod with video capabilities, PDA functionality and such...obviously I was wrong...

The one thing DJs are missing on the iPod is the ability to change the playback tempo of a track (I beleive they call it "scrubbing"). This is needed if you're going to mix two tracks with different tempi. Then all any DJ would need is a pair of iPods and a mixer board. No cd's to lug around, and definetily no vinyls...

Apple neither denies nor confirms that this feature will be included in future versions...

scrubbing is already in an ipod-- it's the ability to switch locations from within the track.
what you're referring to is simply 'beatmatching'

Originally posted by macgeek_spiro
I've noticed! Apple kind of has two catigories for their products, I think. The iMac and iBook are cheaper and whiteish. And the PowerMac and PowerBook is chromish and more expensive. Now. There's a iPod. Why isn't there a PowerPod? It could work. Maybe. I dunno, it was just a thought.

Perhaps I can help you.

Pick up your iPod. Look at the front. White.

Turn it over. Look at the back. Metal.

The iPod is not a computer, it is an accessory, and is for both the professional and consumer. :) However, if Apple were to let me scratch with the jogwheel, I wouldn't complain :D

Originally posted by MikeXpop
Perhaps I can help you.

Pick up your iPod. Look at the front. White.

Turn it over. Look at the back. Metal.

The iPod is not a computer, it is an accessory, and is for both the professional and consumer. :) However, if Apple were to let me scratch with the jogwheel, I wouldn't complain :D

Yes, white front, but it is a shiny metal back. Not brush metal.

The iPod is an accessory but why can't become more. Why not a media player ie music AND video. It would have to be bigger than the iPod but how cool to take for DVD play.

I myself would get a 12" PB for PDA, music, video, and computing, however all I can get right now is the iWish: I wish I could buy anything Apple.

To sum up: don't count Apple out on anything.

LOL!

Stop suggesting that Apple upgrade the iPod to be more than a music player. It ain't gonna happen. They'd come out with an entirely new device for those purposes.

'Cupertino, CA - Apple Computer (Nasdaq: AAPL) has issued cease and desist orders to PowerPod Corperation (Placerville, CO) concerning issues of blatant copyright infringement involving the design of "half dome structures incorperating angularly mounted panels"; the use of the word "Power" followed by another word; plus the use of the word "Pod" prefaced by another word.'

Source- TheRegister.com

Originally posted by arden
Stop suggesting that Apple upgrade the iPod to be more than a music player. It ain't gonna happen. They'd come out with an entirely new device for those purposes.

Why not have a device that can do multiple things? It's stupid to have multiple devices that do separate things. So what we should also do with this logic is buy a radio, a cd player, equillizer, speakers, and cassette player to bring with us to a picnic. 5 different devices just to play music. This is why we have boom boxes. So why do we have to have and iPod, a Palm, a PB, a CD player, etc.

To me the ultimate "PowerPod" is the 12" PB. It does EVERYTHING. Except for the speed and RAM of the other PB.

Back