PPP Connect (LCP Failure)

okay my prob is as said above many times:
It connects okay but none of the applications can see/ or use the connection.

I know this is because I have not entered the DNS address information. I also know that you all say that you can get this info from the tcp/ip control panel in os9. But this does not work for me. I do not see anything in the 'Name server addr:' field or any of the fields other than the 'ip address' one which is no good. What can I do to find out my dns ip addresses? I cannot contact my isp because they do not reply to my e-mails and I cannot change isp so please someone respond to this help me!!!!!

Try calling them. But if you can get online, you must have the DNS names somewhere (of course they should be in TCP/IP C.Panel). In any case get online if you can and find the number to their customer service, they should be able to provide you with that info.

Well it's been a while since I have been using OS X on the internet and have found out several things...

I used the one IP that I first mentioned for about a week. With no problems, then one day out of the blue I got the same symptoms you all have, I connect fine and I see that my packets sent are greater then my pacckets recieved. When this happens I have no connection although it says it connected fine. Nothing works, telnet, I.E, Omni doesn't even open. So I freaked, then I went back to OS 9 and just got a new IP address.

I did this about six different times and each time got a new IP, so now I have a list of IP's hanging from my Mac, I am on my second one, I guess after aw hile they stop working but I have noticed so far that if I coinnect with a new IP everything works fine.

My problem was simply lack of DNS configuration. For some reason my ISP wasn't passing - or OS X wasn't recieving the DNS server addresses from the server.

Here are two great DNS server addresses that work for aany ISP:

Jay
:cool:

Back