Preinstalled software replacement?

caralatte

Registered
My macbook came preinstalled with all of it's software, and I have no backup disks. I bought my MB new from a legitimate Mac store...not used or from eBay. Since Apple is so good at keeping track of my purchases, can they not send me a download to reinstall iPhoto, which I miss VERY MUCH since I accidentally deleted it two weeks ago? It seems this would be a viable option for all of those buggy situations that unfortunately follow mac around: re-sending software online to registered mac users, rather than cause mac users so much frustration in repairing their macs, running through expensive repairs, or buying expensive software packages that we don't need. Any help on this?

Any new Mac comes with reinstall DVDs in the box, which includes your iLife software. If you have lost your disks, try contacting AppleCare, and explain the situation. They can replace your disk set for a nominal fee, about $20, I think.

That and why did you not get the disks from the legitimate store? Granted if you bought it two years ago, that is a problem, but you can try going back to them and asking where the installation disks are.

--J.D.

Back