Print error

slick123

Registered
My printer was working fine; (HP all in one 3180) now I am getting the following errors Unknown Error Occurred While Printing or Error while Printing. I have tested the connection between the printer and the computer and it will do a test page. I have deleted and added the printer , I have reinstalled the HP software, I have verified all permissions. Now what?
Thanks

Delete the problematic file from the print queue and try printing something else.

Always state your hardware and OS version (just in case it matters).

The print jobs do not make it to the print queue. The error pops up over the preparing to print message box.

emac 1 GHZz running OS 10.4.8

O.K. first download the free/donationware application Yasu and run the cleaning tasks. Don't be scared, I and others use this application all the time, even in large networks it works well. Also there is a shareware that does work wonderful with printer errors of all kinds. It is called Printer Setup Repair. It is very good at what it does.

I've used Printer Setup Repair but I thought it was only for Panther? Maybe I'd better look again in case I need it.

Thanks for the information. I ran the Printer Repair Utility and It showed a missing fill and thought I may have to reload my system software. Found I can now print from entourage but nothing else.

Back