Print Problem - Pls advice

dubs

Registered
Hi guys,

I have this problem printing out from any application; Word, Excel, Firefox, Safari ..., whereby the materials I print are printed on no more than 1/2 of the paper (A4 Paper).

I am running OSX Tiger, on an iBook G4 and print wirelessly through an Airport Express to my Canon MP780 printer.

I also have a PC connected to this printer through the Airport but it does not have this print issue.

Please advice.

Much appreciated.

Dubs.

You could also have "2 up" enabled. This is sometimes in the application and it there to print a small draft copy of 2 pages side by side on a single sheet. There's a "4 up" option as well.

MisterMe, the File -> Print Setup is set properly.

I have even re-installed the printer driver but no luck.

sgould, how do I check if I have a "2-up" enabled?

Thanks Guys.

Hi guys,

I am still experiencing this problem.

Any assistance will be highly appreciated.

Dubs

Hi Dubs,
go into an application and choose 'Print...'

In the third pull-down box (it starts off with Copies & Pages selected), select Layout.

from here you can see Pages Per Sheet and Layout Direction.

I have a few print presets saved, for 2-pages per sheet for documents for me to read, 1-page per sheet for other people to read, A4 photos, 4x6 photos etc. All of these have the relevant printer options selected.

If this doesn't work, please reply back with the printer brand/model, printer driver brand/model and if/what network devices & connections are involved.

Cheers!

Robyn

Post back if it isn't here.

Robyn,

that didn't work.

I had it set for - 1 page/sheet and chose the 1st print direction. same problem.

I am using a Canon MP780 Printer.

I am printing wirelessly via an Airport Express connected to the High-Speed Modem provided by my Telephone Operator here in S.Africa.

As I mentioned earlier, this problem is new and cannot be recreated on my PC connected to the same network.

Thanks,
Dubs

Satsomer,

I have already done the process of resetting the printer from Printer Setup Menu.

I am using OSX Tiger 10.4.8.

Dubs

dubs,

Look into Gutenprint. It's a large set of free, open-source print drivers that tend to work well wirelessly. I use the Gutenprint driver for my HP Photosmart. Works great. The HP drivers print. very. slowly. wirelessly.

Doug

Back