Printer dialog box

philmart

Registered
OS-X overrides the dialog box for my Epson printer. Is there some way to disregard X's admonition (in InDesign) and continue to use the simple but effective printer dialog that I continue to find when using Pagemaker in Carabon?

I assume that you're using PageMaker in Classic mode, since no version of PageMaker was ever made native to OS X. In that case, no, there's no way to make it do that. You're using InDesign, I assume, natively in OS X, so what you're seeing is the difference between an OS 9 printer dialog box, and an OS X printer dialog box.

Depending on what version of InDesign you're using, you may be able to open InDesign in Classic mode, and that would let you print using the same dialog that PageMaker uses (the Classic dialog).

I'm using InDesign 2.0.2, which is OS-X native. Respondent is right about the apparent override. If I boot with 9.1, same thing happens with 2.0.2. Could use my older version of InDesign, but that doesn't recognize inkjet printers. I'm in a catch-22.
Oddly, the OS-X driver seems to do a terrible job with the Epson (760) printer, but it's possible I still have to experiment and work with the color-handling features of the OS-X driver.

Back