Printer not found after Snow Leopard Install

BikerRob

Registered
I have a Konica Minolta Bizhub C350 (photocopier/printer). It connects via network to my airport express. All five of my Macs found it using Bonjour under Leopard.

I installed Snow Leopard on all five Macs, and now, none of them have the printer in their list of available printers. This is an older printer, however far too expensive to replace.

Any idea of how to get Snow Leopard to discover it again? I noticed that when I click on the printer preferences, and attempt to add it again, there isn't even a Bonjour option.

HELP

Leave the printer plugged and then check software Update. Apple is doing this to save space on the install. Software Update might have the printer driver for you, if it is made yet.

It's been plugged in and I did a software update.

On one of the Macs, I even put the SL disk in and selected "other options". There is an option to install all printer drivers and it even says "included all previous printers on system".

So, I did that, but still no luck.

This really sucks if I've lost the ability to use a very good printer (yes, older, but still too expensive to replace).

Rob

Similar situation with canon imageclass MF4150. Mac sees it but when I try to add, get "error 9672". Just upgraded to snow leopard, and everything was fine before.....Downloaded and installed latest drivers for this printer for mac os. Any ideas out there much appreciated..

Thanks for the info...Couple of other quirks occurred when upgraded to snow leopard, but I was able to overcome them. Gratefully I am still able to go to the windows (vista) side of my bootcamp mac and print what I need but it's seems it's always something.....

Snow Leopard autoloads a new driver if available, so I'm inclined to believe yours doesn't have an updated driver yet.

Their website shows only a 10.3 Panther driver (no Tiger or Leopard) though you're saying it works in Leopard:
http://onyxftp.mykonicaminolta.com/download/SearchResults.aspx?productid=299&filetypeid=0

Yeah ... I had one of those "print doctor" type guys over to try to figure it out. But before he did anything, I did a quick search using "system preferences" then add printer. And it showed up under "bonjour".

That was using 10.5.8 ... as soon as I upgraded all five of my Macs to Snow Leopard, I noticed it was gone on my MacBook Pro. I then checked the other machines, and sure enough, it was gone on all machines.

This really sucks, as I'm pretty sure that Konicaminolta isn't rushing to update the driver (if ever).

Just to add more info ... I realized that I'm using the wrong terminology ... the printer didn't connect using "Bonjour" ... it connected using "AppleTalk", which I can't find under 10.6

I reviewed your post and you say Bonjour found your printers originally. I'd imagine since Bonjour is the chosen format these days that your printers just need an updated driver. I'm guessing here...

I reviewed your post and you say Bonjour found your printers originally. I'd imagine since Bonjour is the chosen format these days that your printers just need an updated driver. I'm guessing here...

I was mistaken. It wasn't Bonjour originally, but Apple Talk.

I'll check the links you sent.

Have updated my blog to link to lots of great Snow Leopard info:
http://thesalon.blogspot.com/2009/09/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard-links-and.html

Thank you, will read up on it.

I think the key for me is to figure out why I can't find the I.P. address of the printer.

Is there a way to find it out via the Airport Extreme? It's the only thing I have connected via ethernet. Everything else is wireless.

For some strange reason, I can't find it on the printer's interface.

I really do appreciate all the help in this.

I think you should try installing GIMP PRINT and then load your printer through Bonjour and see if that works.

I just checked the "Apple Menu..." and no, it doesn't show up.

I'll go to the GIMP site ... I did this a long time ago with a printer, so will have to remember the basics of installing it. But will give it a go.

Back