Printer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

suthep

Registered
i have a b+w G3, 256 Mb RAM, 30 Gb, SCSI card, running 10.0.4 (or did have before the power unit shorted out)

my printer is an Epson Stylus Colour 640, shown in the Print Center as 'unsupported'

there is a driver for OSX for other models of the SC range, but although the printers are all basically the same, i cannot get OSX to recognise any other driver, and there is no default to select like i used to be able to under the old OS

any suggestions?

many thanks

I've never used an Epson printer, but I would suggest trying to install the OSX drivers for the most similar printer you can find and hopefully something will click. You'd probably want to email or call the Epson guys though and see if what they have to say.

Hi
I own and operate an Epson Stylus Color 740i. Though mine was supported right off the bat. Apple has released at least one Printer Drivers update since 10.0. Have you check Software Updates (System Preferences-->Software Update)? If not do so. Otherwise I would agree on calling Epson support. Or if you like try 10.1. Once I receive 10.1 I will check the documentation for you to check support. Good Luck!

I searched the Mac Help database and it stated that a question mark next to your printer means "unsupported" (as you stated) and locate the CD that came with your printer and install the drivers or check the manufactuers web site for the most recent drivers. Again Good Luck!

Unfortunatly epson printers aren't supported well at all with mac os x at all. And from what I have been able to find out from epson a lot of printers won't be supported.

But who knows.....

Benjamin

Is this printer USB? If so it should be supported when Epson releases their OSX 10.1 compatible driver for other Stylus color printers. Here is a url for Epsons statement on supported printers in 10.1. Yours is not on the list but like I said, one of the Stylus drivers should activate your printer when released.

http://support.epson.com/webadvice/wa0301.html

On a related not, my print center crashes whenever I try to add a printer, wether my Epson Photo 700 is attached or not. Very anoying.

Oops. Forgot to check what forum this was in. Only one person was supposed to respond, and with individual help. Sorry.

No, 10.1 does not have support for more epson printers than 10.0. Apple says that it's epsons responibility, and epson doesn

No, 10.1 does not have support for more epson printers than 10.0. Apple says that it's epsons responibility, and epson doesn't confirm that they will release drivers for the other printers... I have an Stylus Color 580, and I can't live without printing!
Send an email to epson and tell them what you think!

No, 10.1 does not have support for more epson printers than 10.0. Apple says that it's epsons responibility, and epson doesn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back