Printing in Safari!

iMan

?¿?
Hi all, when I print in Safari it comes out in tiny, tiny.. hardly readable text if I print the same page in Explorer it come out in normal size as on the screen. I use a HP 1220 printer and driver.
Anyone have the same problem or a work around for this? I would like to be able to print with safari.

Thanks

Viktor

I think that printing behavior is a Safari problem that many, if not all users have experienced. You have to make the text larger with the text size arrows to make it print larger. I have an Epson 777 printer and it also prints tiny text unless I increase the size.

It prints everything in miniature, very annoying.. That shouldn't be such a problem to fix, It's kind of fundamental to be able to print from the web without having to tinker with your printer settings

Viktor

I had that as well with an HP printer. Do you have 10.3.2? That fixed it, at least in Mail for me. I haven't tried printing out of Safari yet, but it also fixed Preview, which I was having a problem with as well.

I read that if you go in Safari to File->Page Setup and scale it up from there to your desired size it should stick (at least during this log in time). From some reason it will not size up from the Print Preview menu. I believe Apple should fix this.

wstubbe said:
I think that printing behavior is a Safari problem that many, if not all users have experienced. You have to make the text larger with the text size arrows to make it print larger. I have an Epson 777 printer and it also prints tiny text unless I increase the size.

Sorry for this erronious post. I'm just as stumped as everyone else! :confused:

When I print pages in Safari that include floating text I get 3 inch margins but normal size text. Same thing if I print a page as a PDF from Safari. If I print from Firebird everything works great, except that printing to my shared printer from my mac goes much slower than it does from my PC.

I only have problems printing with safari, all other programs I've printed from prints just fine. I have 10.3.2 installed.

Viktor

I've noticed that Safari prints based on proportion. Try shrinking the size of the browser window width down and Safari won't try to print everything to the right and/or left of your content.

I noticed this issue when Safari first came out, except I kind of liked it because IE didn't offer a way of compressing all printed material into one page. Safari will print on multiple pages, of course, if there is enough content to warrant it.

Back