Printing problem

bigsnowdog

Registered
I just made an upgrade to my dual 1.25ghz G4 MDD desktop. I installed an additional, internal drive containing 10.4.11 and a latest version of OS 9. My original drive is still in place, including all software and documents. I used migration assistant to move everything over.

I will erase the original drive at some point and use it as a backup destination. I don't want to do that until I have everything resolved.

My big issue remaining is I can't print from my HP Laserjet 1320. It recognizes the printer, starts the job, and then stops the job. The printer will successfully run a test page.

I have searched for hours and have followed numerous instructions on procedures to try. This includes deleting and reinstalling the printer, and driver, and deleting preferences, checking permissions, running disk utility, and also running a piece of software called Fixamac.

It told me: The file /private/etc/cups/classes.conf is missing. This file is deleted when using the Reset Printing System option.

I am not sure what to do about that.

I am unemployed and trying to save money, and have been able to make a little money using this computer, but I have to be able to print.

If I buy another printer, will it not work either, for the reason this one does not work? Do I need to buy 10.5 and install that? Would that fix this? Regarding the printer, is there any known problem with the HP 1320?

I also tried a new USB cable.

I need some ideas, please.

Thank you.

Back