Problem installing OS 10.2 on beige

net2003

Registered
I can not install os 10.2 on my G3 233 beidge desktop. When computer boots from the cd, small apple on startup screen becomes sign- "parking not allowed".(sorry if i have made some mistakes- english is my second language)
Does anybody knows what it means?

Any upgraded items (CD-R drive, Video Card, CPU, etc) should get pulled and the machine should be restored as close to it's factory settings as possible (I'd leave the extra RAM in there at first, and then if that doesn't work pull any added RAM too).

I've got 10.2 running on a G3/266 MT w/ an iXmicro 8MB video card, and it runs OK, but that's because it's Apple supplied...

What size hard drive are you trying to install 10.2 on?

If it's 8 GB or larger, you have to partition the drive. OS X MUST be installed fully within the first 8 GB of a drive on the beige G3, which means your partition must be

1. The first partition on the drive, and
2. Less than 8 GB

What size hard drive are you trying to install 10.2 on? If it's 8 GB or larger, you have to partition the drive. OS X MUST be installed fully within the first 8 GB of a drive on the beige G3, which means your partition must be

1. The first partition on the drive, and
2. Less than 8 GB

This is true, but from his description, the computer won't even boot from the CD, which means the partitioning isn't the issue.

Another possibility is that your computers firmware needs to be updated. I'd boot in to OS 9, run Software Update, and see if any firmware updates are listed. If so, apply these and reboot with the OS X CD... Otherwise, I think it's probably an upsupported component confusing the installer...

But GraphicUmp is right, you will have to partition your HD and put OS X on the first 8GB segment. On my G3, 8GB still wouldn't work, so I had to make the 1st partition 7GB, then it worked.

Good luck. If you need further assistance, check for me on AIM...

thanks This night I'll backup all my drive info and will format it. First paritition will be 4 GB and second will be 2GB

Noooooo it doesn't work Are there different versions of installation CD's for Mac. I mean CD's only for G4 Imac G3

My computer is desktop Beidge 233/66. I had started up my machine using 10.2 Startup CD in verbouse mode and started reading. So my computer shows me this:
"IOkitBSDinit
from path: ide1/@0:9,\mach_kernel, Waiting on dict ID="0"<keys>IOPathmach</key><string ID="1">IODevicetree PCI/Mac-io/Ide@21000/@0:9<string></dict>
BMACEnet:enabling workaround for broaken unicast filter
ADB present:400c
After 30 seconds it shows me this
"still waiting for root device"
Is that incapability with my HDD?

Back