Problem Installing XP Drivers After Using Boot Camp

BluePenguin12

Registered
Howdy. I've just used Boot Camp on my new MacBook to create a CD of Windows Drivers and install Windows. However, about half way through the installation process, I get an error message that reads "1607: Unable to install InstallShield Scripting Runtime", and ends the installation process. Has any one heard of an issue like this, and does any one have any ideas?

If not, can any one reccomend a way to manually download the drivers? I would have to connect to the internet to do so, but wouldn't I need a network driver first?

Stumped.

This seems to be a common problem. Here's a link to a Microsoft article discussing various causes, and some actual fixes.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888019

these 2 are probably most relevant :
1. Another Windows Installer-based Setup program is running.
2. Windows XP is damaged.

From what I see with this issue - After WinXP is completed installing, don't do any other type of installs; updates; other looking around, etc, until running the drivers installs. If the driver install seems to 'stall', move the frontmost window to one side to make sure that another window is not behind that one, waiting for input, and preventing the rest of the install.
My first thought with your symptoms is to suggest that you start over by reinstalling WinXP. Choosing a Windows repair from the beginning of the XP install might be good.
Or, find some local kid who has reinstalled Windows a lot. :)

darn windows, anyway... :) is it really worth the struggle? :)

Back