Problem: lacie rikiki setup assistant quits unexpectedly

doesntwork

Registered
Hi,
I bought a Lacie rikiki external hard disk, I plug the usb cable and launch the setup assistant app. But when the assistant should start the actual formatting, it "quits unexpectedly" every time.
I am using Mac OSX 10.4.11.

I get the following error message:

Command: Installer
Path: /tmp/StartLSA2/contents/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/Installer
Parent: launchd [1]

Version: ()

PID: 319
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _system$UNIX2003
Referenced from: /tmp/StartLSA2/contents/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/libDiskUtilities.dylib
Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

Does somebody here know what is wrong here and how can i fix it? I hate it that with macintosh everything is hidden somewhere and i cannot find the right things from this computer; I don't even find where could I do the formatting manually without the assistant.

Thanks for your help! I hope this thread is in the right place now
- K

Yes, you were right. I finally did the formatting and the partition manually, with a little help from a friend without any difficulties.

But it still annoys me that many times now when I try to install anything, the installer keeps on "quiting unexpectedly".. To me the error message seems to be saying that there are files that are missing or have changed place because the installer just cannot find them there where it thinks they should be. I'm absolutely not an expert but it's still weird.

Back