Problem trying to reinstall Windows 7 on Bootcamp

Rhisiart

Registered
Sometime ago I had Windows 7 installed on my Macbook Pro via Bootcamp. For reasons I can't remember, several months ago I did a clean install of the Macbook, thus deleting everything. I reinstalled Snow Leopard, then Lion and eventually Mountain Lion when it came out.

I tried this evening to reinstall Windows 7 via Bootcamp and the Windows 7 DVD only gave me the option to either upgrade Windows 7 (as if somehow it was still on the system) or do a clean custom install.

I went for the latter and was given the option of four partitions. I obviously chose the correct 20 GB partition (the others were in MBs), but got this message:

Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be partitioned to a partition formatted as NTFS.

I can't see any option to format the partition as NTFS.

Any assistance would be gratefully received.

Last edited:
If you boot to your Win 7 installer, click the Options button at the bottom of the screen where you can select the partition for the install. Then, select your BootCamp partition, and then select Format. (Be careful that you don't accidentally select your OS X partition, or you will lose that partition faster than you can (censored). That partition will be erased, and will have the NTFS format applied.

Back