Problem with a G4 450 AGP installing 10.4x

Phillips

Registered
I just got a G4 Agp 450 and decided to take my hard drive out of my B&W G3 and install it in the G4 and do an upgrade to 10.4x from 10.3.9.
Did the whole upgrade thing and got the gray apple with the spinner screen.
I won't go into the 7 hrs. of things I did last night (I couldn't even get into single-user mode or run fsck) but everything checked out right on the diskwarrior and utilitys (sp) programs) but this morning I decided to put it back into the B&W to see what would happen. BOOM everything works.
My guess is I got some weird funky Ram in the G4 and need to throw it all away and get all new. it has a 256 and 2 -128's (all different company's)
Am I right?
Any good places to get good ram without losing an arm and a leg?

Thanks for the companies.
I do have a question. Why do some companies list pc100's while others say pc133's?
What's the difference?

PC100 uses a 100 MHz memory bus, PC133 uses a 133 MHz memory, or system bus. So, the PC-133 is slightly faster.

Your PowerMac G4 AGP will be fine with PC-133, although PC-100 is the actual memory bus speed, and would be the minimum speed needed for replacement memory.
You will not see any speed benefit from using the faster memory, but it will work fine.
The PC-133 should be easier to find, and possibly less expensive as a result.

For the most part, PC-133 is backwards compatible so that it can be used on systems that use PC-100 type RAM. However, you can't use PC-100 memory on a system that requires PC-133 RAM.

Back